BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Refund

Posted: Dec 09 2009 09:14 PM

I have over $50 in my account and would like to close this account out and have my money refunded to me. I will add dollars to the account when I decide to use the service.

Thank you,

Judy

Posted Dec 09 2009 09:14 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

You can find details concerning our refund policy on our Terms of Service page at https://bidslammer.com/user/agreement.php . Look for item #14.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Dec 09 2009 09:34 pm by Gu***st

Your refund policy #14 has nothing to do with my question. Your refund policy #14 has to do only with charges due to bidding on an auction. If a person can put money into their account to pay your company for charges we occur with you, then you should be able to return my money, which is left on account. I have over $50 credit in my account and wish to close my account. You have my money and I want it back. If you can take money via paypal, then you can refund money via paypal. This is theivery and I will report your company to the the proper authorities if this is not resolved to my satisfaction.

Posted Dec 10 2009 12:03 pm by Gu***st

Judy,

I'm the CEO. What John was trying to point out is that it isn't US dollars in your account, it is just free credit.

Also the free credit was supposed to expire after 2 years, so technically you don't have any balance at all. We left the account open as a courtesy. I will close it if you want -- but there is no money to refund. You used your US dollar balance up a long, long time ago.

This is "double bucks" promotion credit, in other words, it is not money. Please read the agreement carefully. If that was actually money we would be in a position to refund it. Also please read our forum posts and you can see how we eliminated the double bucks programs for this very reason, the credit should not even have a dollar sign next to it.

Thank you for taking the time to write in, if you have any other questions, please be sure to let us know.

Cheers,

Jay

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Dec 10 2009 03:46 pm by Gu***st

Jay,

It appears as though you do (did) have a couple of problems:

First, you refer me to the forum posts...really? Secondly, you tell me there really shouldn't be a dollar sign next to the amount but there is?

You said I should have lost the "free credits" but here is a copy of what was said on the forum:

March 14, 2009

In order to support sniping in 12 other countries, we now base snipe fees

on the closing cost of the auction again. Due to the US dollar performing so badly,

this is the only way to ensure fairness across the board.

There are caps of 50c and $5. You should also note that our user agreement has been

modified: We dropped the expiration on "free" funds and "grandfathered in" all purchases

made November 1, 2006 and later -- so that you keep free dollars earned after that date.

Also note we do not charge the dime for misses as we always have done.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also:

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:29 AM

There was no time limit when you made your purchase. We have been slowly converting snipes to dollars to reflect our change from a snipe form of payment to an actual dollar balance.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I know it has been some time since I have used bid slammer and I know that when I did use it I did put funds into my account from paypal, which was real money.

Since you were accepting people's "real" money and combining it with "bonus" credits it makes sense that an accounting should have been done with each account. How in the world can you or your consumer tell the difference?

I will keep the account as is for now.

I really didn't find a question that exactly related to my question in the forum, so I'm not sure what you were referring to...if you have a link that would be great.

Also, please tell me when I received the "bonus" credits.

Thank you,

Judy

Posted Dec 10 2009 05:50 pm by Gu***st

Judy,

> First, you refer me to the forum posts...really?

Yes of course. You accused us of "thievery." I felt the best way to respond was to simply appeal to your better judgment. With 15,000+ active customers each year, you would see serious problems.

This company uses a transparent business model: Every mistake or error we make, we acknowledge publicly and we do not delete posts or complaints.

> How in the world can you or your consumer tell the difference?

They couldn'.t ;-) Like I said "double bucks" weren't good for anyone.

The bonus was in the 2006/09 and 2007/09 purchases. We always did them first week of September.

Posted Dec 10 2009 07:31 pm by Gu***st

Cancel my account.

Posted Dec 10 2009 07:53 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map