BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

account disappeared with the money in it

Posted: Jan 10 2010 01:20 PM

a long time ago i set up an account at bidslammer to use on ebay, and have enjoyed good use of it. i used the password slammer69. the account was started with a significant amount of money in it, like more than a hundred dollars, i think. i became an infrequent user, but recall using it in the last year or so. now i cant get a response to this username and password, and have no record of changing the password. the username is the same i use at ebay, and has not changed for many years. have you got someone with sticky fingers on your team? jim

Posted Jan 10 2010 01:20 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

I checked your account and didn't find any unusual activity. You last snipe was placed on 10/09/08. Actually, that snipe was deleted, but it was the last activity on your account.

I also logged into your account with the information you provided. Your Login / Password is as you stated and the login does work. Try deleting your web browsers cache and cookies, then try logging in again.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Jan 10 2010 06:40 pm by Gu***st

thanks for your prompt reply. i tried it again, did not work, then deleted cache and cookies and history, and tried again, still no work. all i can think of is that i have a new computer, a 64 bit machine, more than i need, and dont see how that would hurt. maybe if you change the password to slam69 and then be sure it works. i will try then, and we will go from there. at worst, we could set up a new account, i guess, unless this machine just cant see you. jim

Posted Jan 11 2010 08:56 am by Gu***st

forgot to mention i am using win7. compatible? j

Posted Jan 11 2010 09:08 am by Gu***st

James,

I set your password to slam69 as you requested. I then logged in as you to make sure - everything worked fine. Try again and lets see if there is any change. Also, have you tried the recover password utility? I would be interested to see how that works for you.

I doubt that Windows 7 is the issue. it uses IE8, and we have other users that use IE8. I'm not sure what to say on the 64 bit version, other than it shouldn't make a difference.Lets see what happens now...

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Jan 11 2010 10:47 am by Gu***st

yes, i did try password recover and just now again, but apparently could not get to first base, it responds registration code incorrect. guess that means jamesoldman not recognized, and i know darn well that is right. also tried twice with slam69 password. now why would i not be able to get jamesoldman recognized and you cant? maybe we should just see if i can create a new account and you transfer the money to it? sorry for all the mess. jim

Posted Jan 11 2010 01:46 pm by Gu***st

had another thought. can you type in the link to the sign in page you are using? will try it.

i used this one:

http://forum.bidslammer.com/login.html

jim

Posted Jan 11 2010 02:01 pm by Gu***st

Jim,

Ahhh....now I get it. You are trying to sign in to the forum. Go to https://www.bidslammer.com/login/ .

I think we just solved the problem.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Jan 11 2010 03:55 pm by Gu***st

hey thanks! if you dont hear from me, i am happy. jim

Posted Jan 11 2010 04:51 pm by Gu***st

john, i am sorry. there should be money in there. says zero. will you audit the account and see what happened to it? i dimly remember a time when i saw a notification about imminent disappearance of same and i thought it had been resolved. maybe inactivity caused the company to seize it? does not seem likely. anyhow, would appreciate checking. jim

Posted Jan 11 2010 05:02 pm by Gu***st

Jim,

We did have a policy change, but that happened way back in November of 2008. Under the terms of our old user agreement, free bucks earned expired after a period of two years. We didn't actually enforce that policy until around that November of 2008 time period, so most people were able to use the free bucks for much longer than two years.

We didn't expire any actual dollars paid, just the free bucks. Since that time our policy has changed. We don't do double bucks anymore, but free bucks never expire. We have also added some features and changed our pricing.

Again, all this happened quite some time ago, but you may not have been aware of the changes since you haven't used the service since September of 2008. I hope that clarifies things. Let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Jan 11 2010 08:09 pm by Gu***st

all right. guess it is my fault, as i see other services do "expire" unused credit. even if my cash. not interested. sorry

Posted Jan 12 2010 10:31 am by Gu***st

Good news on that part. The new system, purchases don't expire, ever. The shorter version is simply that the expiration with the "free bucks" caused problems and so we got rid of it. If you paid in 2009 or later, it now says "non-expiring" on the PayPal receipt so it's a real contract.

Thank you for taking the time to write in, if you have any other questions, please be sure to let us know.

Cheers,

Jay

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Jan 12 2010 04:19 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

How does this sound, make another deposit and I will send you a free $15 t-shirt link.

Posted Jan 12 2010 11:46 pm by Gu***st

it is a matter of trust. you are just doing your job, and well, at that. but your org has burned me, and has lost me.

Posted Jan 13 2010 11:23 am by Gu***st

We did not burn you. You lost no money at all whatsoever. All you lost was a coupon to use the service free, which expired. It was stated clearly and you checked the box that you agreed when you joined. If you want free service there are a lot of services that do it you can try.

Thank you for taking the time to write in, if you have any other questions, please be sure to let us know.

Cheers,

Jay

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Jan 13 2010 01:35 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2021. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Community | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map