BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Posted: Jan 17 2010 08:57 AM

I just can not beleive you lost another item for me -That makes 4 this past year - being outsniped -by definition and " ebays " fault. I really expect your numbers are not as good as you say-and you never assume the error

You just lost me a good item which I would have won

Robert

Posted Jan 17 2010 08:57 am by Gu***st

Robert,

Here are the results from our log file:

01:14:32 Snipe Placed

01:14:41 Response from EBay

01:14:41 Auction Ended

Your snipe was placed, but it took 9 seconds to get a response back from eBay. I'm sorry you lost that item, but there is nothing we could have done to prevent it. There are several good posts about lag in our forums.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Jan 17 2010 10:34 am by Gu***st

interesting - in the past you have said you placed your snipe 6 seconds before - now it seems 9 seconds

Posted Jan 17 2010 04:47 pm by Gu***st

Robert,

Our help pages state 5 seconds, and that is a correct statement. The sniper wakes up and starts the job at 9 seconds before the end of the auction. With an expected response time of 3-4 seconds from eBay, that will get the snipe placed at 5 seconds before auction close.

We actually adjust the start time based on current conditions. One example would be the holiday season. Start times get extended because of increased traffic, which leads to slower response times.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Jan 17 2010 08:40 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

We've taken a couple of seconds off of the lead time. Things speed up on ebay after the holidays. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Thank you for taking the time to write in, if you have any other questions, please be sure to let us know.

Cheers,

Jay

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Jan 19 2010 11:22 am by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2021. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Community | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map