BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

missed winning item

Posted: Feb 05 2010 08:50 PM

Why didn't I win this item? My snipe was set at $800.00 more than the winning bidders and I realy wanted this Bike! Tell me what I have to do for this not to happen again!

Posted Feb 05 2010 08:50 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

I honestly don't know why this snipe missed. I checked our log files, which are generally very good at showing exactly what happened, but didn't help in this case.

Our system was running fine and that item was assigned a job number (preparing to set the snipe). It looks like something happened at the last minute, like the snipe was deleted, but I know that didn't happen. There is always an explanation, but once in awhile it can be difficult to track down.

Did you notice anything unusual about the auction? Maybe you tried to change the bid in the last few seconds? Anything you may think of may help us determine exactly what happened and prevent it in the future.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Feb 05 2010 11:38 pm by Gu***st

I have no klue! I wasn't any where near the computer when it went off. I realy exspeckted to return to find I had won the item! I guess I'll have to stay on top of anything I realy want? Thanks for looking into it and replying. In the future is there another way to have another snipe service working along with you? That way I would have two chances to win that item? Or maybe have two e-bany accounts with you and have two snipes going with you?

Posted Feb 06 2010 08:07 am by Gu***st

I probably see one item a month like this, where I just can't explain the cause of a missed snipe. It's an extremely low percentage and not likely to happen to you a second time. That said, I can't guarantee that it would never happen again.

If you decide to use some kind of backup service, be careful that you don't bid against yourself. That could easily happen if you were using two eBay accounts. Make sure your snipe values are always exactly the same.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Feb 06 2010 10:04 am by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map