BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Cannot Renew Credit Card

Posted: Feb 25 2010 08:48 PM

The expiry date on the American Express card you have on file has passed and I have a renewal card with a new expiration. It seems to be the same problem as in the past - I cannot get the 'new' card to take effect and want to put $50 into my snipe account. Can you do this for me please. It is the same Amex card number as you have had for the past two renewals, the only difference is that it expires in 03/13. The security code on the card is (I think also the same number) 1302. I know there is nothing wrong with this card because I got the same automated reply from your system when I tried two other credit cards, a Visa and a Mastercard. Can you just renew again for me - you've had to do it in the past - and then just email the confirmation receipt. I have some really important snipes coming up this weekend and don't want to miss out. Thanks in advance. Elda Woolliams/cadeaux2001

Posted Feb 25 2010 08:48 pm by Gu***st

Elda,

I am checking on the problem now. I will get back to you today.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Feb 26 2010 01:55 pm by Gu***st

Thanks very much - just that checking the problem 'sooner' would be better than checking the problem 'later' as I have those auctions coming up tonight and over the weekend. xo

Posted Feb 26 2010 01:58 pm by Gu***st

Elda,

I am having trouble reproducing the problem. Could you do me a favor? Choose Paypal instead of credit card as the payment option. You do not have to have a Paypal account - there will be an option to pay by credit card without a Paypal account on the first Paypal screen. I am 99% certain that will work.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Feb 26 2010 09:03 pm by Gu***st

If I wanted to pay via PayPal I would have done so. I want to pay by credit card, the SAME credit card that you have had in your system for over 6 years. The only change to this card is the expiration date. Surely you can do that manually for me. My PayPal account is drawn on a US bank, I am a Canadian and pay Canadian income tax, not US tax, so I need this charged through Canada for income tax purposes. I pulled up my PayPal account just to see if there was the option you suggested but it just wants to take the money out of my US bank account. I don't want to keep having this "issue" with BidSlammer each time I want to increase my balance with you. There is no reason that you can't just CHANGE THE EXPIRATION DATE on the card that you currently have and credit me with $70 additional dollars. For goodness sake, just pick up the phone and DIAL IN my details, get a confirmation number and CHANGE MY CREDIT CARD date so that I don't have to go through this yet again. You guys have a great site but your customer service certainly could use some work. I don't think I've EVER had a smooth transaction with you when there has been a problem. I need you to fix this today.

Posted Feb 27 2010 10:07 am by Gu***st

Elda,

As he explained, this is a bug. We will have it fixed soon.

However, I reviewed your account and found that we cannot service this account because there are other accounts marked with your email address, and 2 of them were closed for conduct issues. It was not our intention to even allow you back into the system.

It is certainly nothing intended to be disrespectful. We take customer feedback very seriously. It is part of our terms of service:

http://www.bidslammer.com/agreement.php

Please understand that feedback is the #1 driving force behind our service. We run a clean and tight ship, or at least we try to. We want all relationships to last forever and I am sorry that we were unable to service your needs. If there was anything we could have done to improve our service please let us know. We do appreciate your business.

Jay,

CEO

Posted Feb 27 2010 07:09 pm by Gu***st

Jay, thanks for the email and thanks for the User link. I see the words "overly argumentative" - I guess this is me (LOL). You have to understand that I ALSO mean no disrespect, it is just extremely frustrating - you had to step in last time with this very problem and you were able to fix it within minutes. If there ever was an issue about me 'crossing the line' with conduct, someone should have just told me. No disrespect was ever meant, just sheer frustration. No one has ever emailed or mentioned in a message reply that there were problems with my account. Not even you, in past dealings we have had together. I have spent thousands of dollars on your service and have been a loyal customer since you started. In my defence I think that I've been a pretty good little girl in my long-standing dealings with your company. Any "conduct issues" you perceive me to have (or have had) should have been addressed by you - or even one of your staff - at the time that it was happening. I certainly can't be the only customer with "glitch" issues. On a more serious note, one that needs to be looked into right away - I DO NOT HAVE ANY OTHER ACCOUNTS WITH THIS EMAIL ADDRESS - at least none that I am aware of. This is of a great concern to me in case there are strangers using my account. I do believe that I have one other account (a dormant one) with you but I have never been aware that there might be 'conduct issues' with it as well. Certainly no one from your company has ever mentioned any problem with another account (or any accounts). If there was a problem I'm sure it would have stemmed from this same issue - failure to add money in a timely manner. Would you mind getting back to me with other BidSlammer names and 'conduct issues' - it would be greatly appreciated. In the interim, shall I continue feeding this BidSlammer account or not? I can use my PayPal although my accountant won't be very happy with me. On the other hand, he probably won't be as unhappy with me as you are (LOL). I really would like to clear up this 'other accounts' issue - there should not be any other accounts on this email address. None authorized by me. Also, I would like to know if you are okay with me topping up my balance in this account. Maybe you can give me a good scolding and a 'warning' (something I've never had from you in all these years)and we can start fresh. Let me know please, and again, thanks for the email. FINALLY I have a better understanding.

Posted Feb 28 2010 10:42 am by Gu***st

Elda,

I would need to investigate the credit card situation first, as there would be no reason to activate that if that didn't work. I promise to reply within 24 hours.

Posted Mar 01 2010 12:06 am by Gu***st

Thanks very much, and failing that I'll just PayPal from my American account, if I am still allowed to deposit funds and keep my account. I know the last time my Amex card date expired you and I had to do the renewal card number over the phone. Let me know please. I would also like to know about those other accounts you mentioned, both of which had 'conduct issues'. Are either of them active? Do they have credit balances? - I don't believe I have any 'active' accounts other than cadeaux2001 attached to my email address of [edited]. .

Posted Mar 01 2010 08:58 am by Gu***st

Hi - no don't send money direct it won't register. Sorry for the delay we're working 24/7 on a new project, meanwhile if your funds get to zero please let me know on this ticket please, thank you for your courtesy and understanding.

Posted Mar 02 2010 12:56 am by Gu***st

Thanks very much for the email. I'll PayPal some money in the next couple of day just to top up my account to keep it in funds until your new project is up and running.

Posted Mar 02 2010 12:50 pm by Gu***st

You asked me to reply on this ticket if and when my funds got to zero. Not quite yet, but I have under $15 in my account which makes me nervous. I tried to add $50 to my account just now, using PayPal as you suggested rather than put it on my credit card. A little box comes up saying that I cannot add funds to this account. could you look into this please. I do want to top up my account sooner rather than later. thanks in advance.

Posted Mar 08 2010 01:05 pm by Gu***st

Elda,

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't forget about you. I am giving up on Authorize.net for now, so you should be able to use PayPal now? Could you try it and let me know, thanks.

Posted Mar 12 2010 06:01 pm by Gu***st

Thanks so very much. I'll give it a try tonight when I get home from work. We have the Para-Olympics here starting tonight and I'm a volunteer. Had a nice week off after the Olympics and now start again for another week. I am anxious to 'top up' my BidSlammer account though and I will try and put $50 or $100 in tonight. Thanks again for all your help. Elda

Posted Mar 12 2010 07:54 pm by Gu***st

A friend of mine does special olympics. It is hard work... ;-)

Posted Mar 12 2010 07:57 pm by Gu***st

It is.... and much more "special" that the (professional) Olympics - are you a pin collector? Can I send you an Olympic pin?

Posted Mar 12 2010 08:01 pm by Gu***st

No that's ok TYVM, but I can mail you some t-shirts if you give me your size(s).

Posted Mar 12 2010 08:02 pm by Gu***st

Well, my son is a very 'yo' guy - the larger the better - so a size XL would be great. That and a nice L for my husband (if you are in the mood to send two....). If you want to send 3 or more, I can put them in our charity auction alovingspoonful.org - a local foodbank in Vancouver. If you do this, you better throw in business cards as well to make sure everyone uses you and not other snipers.... xo

Posted Mar 12 2010 08:12 pm by Gu***st

I'm seeing that you are a very passionate person with resources. That's a good mix ;) I need your mailing address it's not in the PayPal record (we don't ask for it). You can go ahead and send the pin(s) to, 3571 Far West Blvd #18 Austin TX 78731.

So this charity auction..... I imagine there would be eBay sellers lurking everywhere, right? That need listing services and permanent markers and stuff?

Posted Mar 13 2010 05:57 am by Gu***st

You are so right - TONS of eBay sellers, all needing things but the BIG auction is in September. In encompasses a number of charities and they have a HUGE silent auction table. The Vancouver suburb of Burnaby used to be one of eBay's major office locations and so we are all VICIOUS eBayers looking for that little bit better 'edge'. I actually got your BidSlammer info at the Vegas convention - I'm pretty sure. My address is Elda Woolliams, PO Box 2175, Point Roberts, WA 98281. Your pins will be shipped after these Paralympics - they should keep releasing pins all week. Thanks again, going to top up my account now. Elda

Posted Mar 13 2010 10:20 am by Gu***st

Jay - I just tried again to put another $50 in my account. A little box comes up saying that I cna't add funds under this name and that I am in breach of a rule of yours or ebays. Can you override this for me - I'm getting ready to travel on Wednesday and I would really like to know that I have lots of money in my account to place snipes. I think the last time we did this we had to do it over the phone. FYI, the AMEX card you have is still exactly the same, only the date has been extended to 03/13 and the 4 digit code is different - 1302. You have my permission to use this card for a $50 plus bonus payment if you can do it that way. Elda

Posted Mar 13 2010 12:01 pm by Gu***st

Hi,

LOL it's fixed. You had 3-4 accounts... it should all be ok now. ;-)

Posted Mar 13 2010 01:11 pm by Gu***st

All ok? -admin

Posted Mar 13 2010 02:55 pm by Gu***st

Just finished putting in $50 - worked like a charm. Thanks again for all your help. Hey, and thanks for the T-shirt notification as well. xo

Posted Mar 13 2010 03:02 pm by Gu***st

If it is for charity then I am going to send you a whole bunch of permanent markers for an affiliate site, these are super high quality. When you use them you think, where have these markers been all my life, LOL. It's a version of the Sharpie that they don't sell commercially.

Posted Mar 14 2010 01:31 am by Gu***st

That would be just FANTASTIC - and please make sure that you put in business cards - I want them to know who the sponsor was and to use your site(s). xo

Posted Mar 14 2010 08:09 am by Gu***st

We don't have any business cards unfortunately. I suppose I could hack some with vistaprint.com or something.

Posted Mar 14 2010 10:17 am by Gu***st

any kind of business advertising just so they know who and what you are.

Posted Mar 14 2010 08:14 pm by Gu***st

Oh you mean something to hand out with the items. These cards are not expensive, how many can you stand? LOL

Posted Mar 14 2010 08:36 pm by Gu***st

gosh, I don't know, a couple dozen? (is that too many ?) Just whatever you want to stick in a parcel and ship. Your choice. You can always just send a few, see what happens, if you think it does show an increase in business and then we can do it again at the next party, which will be in September.

Posted Mar 14 2010 08:41 pm by Gu***st

Here is something I have, this can be printed on an oversize index card front/back or whatever... or I could have kinko's print a few up maybe? Is there time for that.

http://www.bidslammer.com/images/bidslammer_ad_front.jpg

http://www.bidslammer.com/images/bidslammer_ad_front.jpg

Posted Mar 14 2010 10:48 pm by Gu***st

Excellent - and yes, there is time.

Posted Mar 15 2010 09:48 am by Gu***st

Just don't go to a lot of trouble - let's see what happens and whether you think that your business increases after this little 'advertising' promo with the shirt.

Posted Mar 15 2010 09:49 am by Gu***st

Ok at the least I will send a few for you and family & friends.

Posted Mar 15 2010 09:10 pm by Gu***st

Thanks very much - I'll let you know where they go but I have a few ebayers in mind that are using other sites not as good as yours. They'll be at the live auction and I'll hand them out there.

Posted Mar 15 2010 10:34 pm by Gu***st

Ok sounds good.

Posted Mar 16 2010 03:26 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2021. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Community | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map