BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Message says snipe placed,when it wasn't

Posted: Mar 15 2010 09:50 PM

I placed two snipes that encountered the same problem yesterday. In one case it didn't matter because my snipe was not high enough(Precious Little Antiq French Human Hair Jumeau Doll ebay item #180478376516) . In the other case (Antique human hair wig size 14/15 ebay item #260564896054), I should have won the auction because my snipe was almost $5.00 more than the winning bid. The error message that I received in both cases was:

"Snipe placed, but we could not determine win status. If problem continues please contact customer service asap." I have no idea what this means because the snipe could not have been placed since the winning bid was so much lower than my snipe. I asked about this in the forum and at first was told not to worry about it because you had changed the "confusing message", when I replied that I was upset by the result, I was told it could not be discussed in the forum & to file a help desk ticket.

Diane Elander

Posted Mar 15 2010 09:50 pm by Gu***st

I am now noticing that others have apparently been having a similar problem over the past couple of weeks. (Forum: Snipe still set but auction over) In my case, both of the snipes I've contacted you about still show the icon that appears when the snipe is set, but the auction has not ended, however both auctions ended yesterday (03/14). Under the icon it reads "waiting ..."

Posted Mar 15 2010 10:02 pm by Gu***st

Diane,

Yes I responded to the post to say that the error message was really not very good, it was changed to make more sense. If you see an ongoing problem with that let me know. The snipes are firing the icon just didn't update.

Thank you for taking the time to write in, if you have any other questions, please be sure to let us know.

Cheers,

Jay

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Mar 15 2010 11:15 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2021. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Community | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map