BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Response doesn't address problem

Posted: Mar 16 2010 02:03 PM

I filed a ticket last night. I thought the number was SVG9YNMX3A, however, that number doesn't seem to be working today. Below is my original message:

I placed two snipes that encountered the same problem yesterday. In one case it didn't matter because my snipe was not high enough(Precious Little Antiq French Human Hair Jumeau Doll ebay item #180478376516) . In the other case (Antique human hair wig size 14/15 ebay item #260564896054), I should have won the auction because my snipe was almost $5.00 more than the winning bid. The error message that I received in both cases was:

"Snipe placed, but we could not determine win status. If problem continues please contact customer service asap." I have no idea what this means because the snipe could not have been placed since the winning bid was so much lower than my snipe. I asked about this in the forum and at first was told not to worry about it because you had changed the "confusing message", when I replied that I was upset by the result, I was told it could not be discussed in the forum & to file a help desk ticket.

Diane Elander"

This is your response:

"Diane,

Yes I responded to the post to say that the error message was really not very good, it was changed to make more sense. If you see an ongoing problem with that let me know. The snipes are firing the icon just didn't update.

Thank you for taking the time to write in, if you have any other questions, please be sure to let us know.

Cheers,

Jay

BidSlammer Customer Care"

You say the snipes are firing, but they obviously did not in this case. As I stated in my original message, I placed the snipe for #260564896054 days before the auction ended. My snipe was $15.28, but a bidder won the auction with a bid of $10.49. Bidslammer says my bid was placed, but how could it have been placed when another bid won the auction for a much lower amount? Plus, when I go to the auction & look at the bidders, my bid does not even appear. I don't know the seller & have never done business with them. I've also never had negative feedback in 13 years on eBay, so Please don't tell me the seller blocked my bid in some way.

I'm very frustrated that you have not addressed the problem, but simply say the icon hasn't been updated. Please take some time to look into it. Something is not working properly.

Diane

Posted Mar 16 2010 02:03 pm by Gu***st

Diane,

We hit 99.99% of bids and of those we miss we can almost always explain them. i am sorry that I do not have a result file, which shows the page eBay returns and gives the status of the snipe. Because we had a disk full problem I don't have the file. So the icon cannot be updated. There is no easy way to explain all that in one line on the error. In short I cannot tell you the precise reason for this miss.

We do post quite a bit of information about sniping risks - there are over 20-30 reasons you can miss:

http://blog.bidslammer.com/newsletters/bullet-proof-your-snipe-account/

Most of the time we report back the user immediately remembers whatever the situation was, if any. However I just don't have the result file, I'm sorry. We do not hide anything at this service. If you feel this problem continues I want to know about it ASAP!

I appreciate your candor/courtesy.

jay

Posted Mar 16 2010 02:29 pm by Gu***st

You asked us to re-send this response.

Make sure just to keep 1 ticket open.

Posted Mar 19 2010 12:41 am by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2021. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Community | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map