BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Bid and won both items in a group

Posted: Mar 18 2010 07:34 AM

I set up a group to bid on an item. I won the first item, but the group feature did not work. It bid (and won) the second item also.

It says i missed the minimum bid increment, but I did not. It did place the bid and won, but thought it did not, so it bid on the other item in the group.

Now what?

Posted Mar 18 2010 07:34 am by Gu***st

Hello,

Are you in the UK? I wish to be up front with you that they changed the bid increments recently and it seems that it threw off our "win calculator." This happened one time before and the buyer explained the situation to the seller in a courteous way, and they were all right with it. Your seller will be able to see this thread if you put the full link. Would that be acceptable?

Posted Mar 18 2010 12:19 pm by Gu***st

I tried to talk the seller in to relisting the item, but he would not. He asked me to call him and was very polite, but he did not want to have to wait on his money and relist the item.

I really don't need two remotes.

Do you have a solution?

Posted Mar 18 2010 03:30 pm by Gu***st

Glenn,

I can help better if I see the correspondence?

Posted Mar 18 2010 03:56 pm by Gu***st

Here is what I sent to him.

He wanted me to call him to discuss and that is when he told me what I posted earlier.

He asked me about which service I was using and was polite, just wanted me to honor the purchase in the end.

To: 6800cosmos

Subject: cpadfw has sent a question about item #260566327143, that ended on Mar-17-10 19:16:56 PDT - Logitech Harmony® 890 Pro LCD Remote Control

Sent Date: Mar-18-10 10:31:54 PDT

Dear 6800cosmos,

I bid on your remote by accident. Any way to cancel the purchase? I use a bidding service and they were not supposed to bid on the item.

Below is a link to the thread where they admitted they have a problem.

http://www.bidslammer.com/helpdesk/ticket.php?track=8G8VSU3TV5&Refresh=83697

Posted Mar 18 2010 04:02 pm by Gu***st

Did you call him? I've never known a seller to turn down the honest explanation. Why not offer him a token payment of $5 for listing fees and then I will credit your account that amount?

Posted Mar 18 2010 10:18 pm by Gu***st

I asked, it was not about the relisting fee. It was about having to wait for an auction to complete in order to get his money.

He was not ugly about it, just wanted his money. It was not his fault, I don't have time to deal with it, so I honored the deal and paid him the $134 yesterday.

I have no confidence in the grouping function. I'm just glad it was not a thousand dollar printer it screwed up on.

How about giving me a $25 credit and calling it even?

Posted Mar 19 2010 07:51 am by Gu***st

Glenn,

I'm happy to give some credit, which I did. But to be candid and up front, you went outside our established process. Our user agreement says we can't honor problems with eBay changes, but we do work with you and the seller if the situation is problematic. I had asked to see the correspondence fro the seller and I don't believe that was included - so on our end, it is indeterminate.

In 10 years this happened maybe once per year and we always got it resolved, so in our view payment was not necessary here. But you have been with us a long time.

Also if you give me your mailing address I can mail you $50 worth of t-shirts but I need your family's sizes, or friends if you think they want. That is, if there are no hard feelings.

I just want you to be happy as you are a reasonable person and we do not want to lose your business.

Posted Mar 19 2010 10:37 am by Gu***st

Absolutely no hard feelings. Not a t-shirt guy, but thanks for the offer.

I did include the correspondence above, I did not include his response, which was to call to discuss. The rest of my narrative was to explain our phone conversation.

Regardless, I feel much better that it happens infrequently, because I do like the group feature.

If you are OK with the credit, I am good. Thanks.

Posted Mar 19 2010 12:17 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map