BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

It seems my snipe didn't get thru!

Posted: Mar 21 2010 05:15 PM

The winning bidder only bid $3.24. My snipe was for $15.75 and didn't win. I spent a few hours searching for the item I missed and am not happy at all. Any idea what happened?

Posted Mar 21 2010 05:15 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

Here's the result from our log file:

14:16:13 (snipe placed)

14:16:22 (auction ends)

14:18:34 (eBay response - auction ended)

Your snipe was placed on time, but it took eBay over 2 minutes to process the bid and return a response. By that time the auction was over. You should see a message on your home page about lag under that item.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Mar 21 2010 09:05 pm by Gu***st

Hi John D

I appreciate your reply regarding my snipe for ebay item 250597144991 (quartz Crystal)03/21/2010.Upon reviewing ebay's list of the participating bidders their was just myself they identified as u***s (299) and the winning bidder only identified as "Private Listing - bidders' identities protected". On my bidslammers home page the winning bidder is identified as u***c with the winning bid of $3.24.

I reading a part of ebay's rules private listings are supossed to used by sellers with very high priced items or things like pharmacuticals etc. I called ebay and the checked to see who was doing what and the seller is supposed to be from Germany and the buyer is from the states. I was told one of the parties was advised from the beginng it could be a problem to use "Private Listing for this type of item. Ebay was going to inform one of them (I don't know which one)of the situation they would get 2 more chanches after this. I was suspecting that since the auction item normally gone for a higher price that there might have been a link between the bidder and seller. However, the ebay rep (Gabriel)siad there was no indication of "show bidding". There was no reserve on this item.

The other thing I noticed is that on my other 4 recent wins by using a bidslammer snipe, as long as I placed a higher maximum bid with ebay the snipe went through okay. Maybe that is because no one bid higher than me.

Does the snipe go thru my computer if I am on line at the time of the close of the bid? Or does the bid go direct from the bidslammer web site to the ebay web site? I do need to provide some additional space on my operating system memory. But I do defrag using System Mechanic often.

In any event I primarily provide ths information to you since google and ebay work so closely together and my IP provider Comcast is in the mix also.

Thanks, Doug.

Posted Mar 21 2010 11:00 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

Your computer is not used during the sniping process. The transaction is handled entirely between our server and eBay.

The bidder names that you are seeing like "u***c" are part of eBay's new security policy. The user id of the bidder is never show anymore. it is replaced with letters and asterisks as a privacy measure. Even if it was not a private auction you would not see the bidders real eBay id.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Mar 22 2010 10:21 am by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2021. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Community | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map