BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

My Bid Groups

Posted: Apr 18 2010 10:21 PM

I listed the four like auctions listed above in a Bid Group which I called "Lugnuts". My slam for each auction was for $29.99 which was the starting bid on each auction. To my surprise, BidSlammer bid on all four auctions and I won all four auctions!! Somehow BidSlammer thinks e***h won the auctions instead of "rfatheree" which is my real eBay user ID name. So it comes back and says "You missed the minimum bid increment. A bid of 30.99 was needed to win". But I did win because e***h was the "secret code" that eBay assigned to me - rfatheree. This damn thing with eBay recoding everyones real user ID name to hide bidders IDs is screwing up BidSlammer! BidSlammer is losing money because of this problem as you did not charge me any fees for winning these auctions. And I have a big problem in that I have won $120.00 worth of lugnuts! I have contacted the eBay Seller to try to explain the predicament and have asked for an adjustment. Surely I am not the only one having this problem. Is BidSlammer already working on this?? I have left the "Lugnuts" Bid Group on my BidSlammer site so you can take a look. Let me know if you need my password.

A disgruntled Slammer - Roger Fatheree

Posted Apr 18 2010 10:21 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

We will take a very close look at those items. This is a serious issue for us - bid groups must work properly.

A note to the seller stating that it was our mistake, not yours will usually solve the problem. Sellers are generally pretty forgiving if they understand the situation.

I will send another reply later today after a examine those auctions more closely.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Apr 19 2010 09:36 am by Gu***st

John D:

I have squared things with the eBay Seller. It turns out he is someone I know from the past.

Roger Fatheree

Posted Apr 19 2010 05:16 pm by Gu***st

Roger,

Glad to hear that worked out so well. One thing That I noticed about these items is that the ending times were too close together for grouped items. Items 220585852879 and 220585852893 ended 3 seconds apart, the other two ended 2 seconds apart.

We need at least 3 minutes separation between items as we have to check each item after the auction has ended to determine if you are the winner. More information is available on our bid groups help page at http://bidslammer.com/user/help/bid_groups.php .

Our system tries to prevent you from entering snipes that close together but it is something to keep in mind for the future. That would explain a win on the first two items.

I will continue to investigate. Let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Apr 19 2010 07:52 pm by Gu***st

John D:

I can see how that would explain my winning the first two items. You mentioned that the system tries to prevent one from entering snipes that close together. How does the system do that? I can say without any doubt that the system never attempted to alert me or prevent me in any way.

That still doesn't explain why BidSlammer didn't recognize that I had won at least one of the first two bids and not bid on the next two auctions that were days later. And that still doesn't explain why BidSlammer never recognized that I had actually won all four auctions and never charged me one cent of fees. Keep digging for both our sakes. Roger

Posted Apr 19 2010 10:35 pm by Gu***st

Roger,

The system is supposed to look at end times of items and prevent you from entering items that are too close together. eBay changes can sometimes break things - we are looking at that.

The issue with not charging for those items happened because we received an error response from eBay that indicated that the increment had not been met. I know why it happened - were still looking to determine what circumstances cause the false error message.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Apr 20 2010 09:07 am by Gu***st

We took action based on your ticket, and posted a message on your home page. Thank you for your help!

Thank you for taking the time to write in, if you have any other questions, please be sure to let us know.

Cheers,

Jay

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Apr 23 2010 12:30 pm by Gu***st

Jay:

How long has this been going on??

Is it safe to say that BidSlammer has been losing big money from this problem??

Everything has been resolved with my eBay Seller. I accepted two of the auctions and he cancelled the other two auctions.

Glad to help in getting this resolved. I really like using BidSlammer.

Roger Fatheree

Posted Apr 23 2010 06:34 pm by Gu***st

Roger,

> How long has this been going on??

We make changes a s soon a s we receive a report of a problem. This was pretty short lived.

> Is it safe to say that BidSlammer has been losing big money from this problem??

No, it took a special set of circumstances for the problem to show up, and only affected a few snipes.

Thank you for your help on this issue.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Apr 24 2010 10:51 am by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map