BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

ANOTHER snipe missed

Posted: May 31 2010 04:47 PM

I am now more than a little upset. On May 28, a snipe that I had set several days earlier did not work. I wrote about it in a forum because another user had the same complaint on the same day. that was item # 280510427057. Well, today it happened again with another auction #300430740439. This time I'm told "Snipe placed, but we could not determine win status. If problem continues please contact customer service asap" Well, this has happened with the last two snipes I placed and in both cases, my bid was well above the winner's bid.

Why use this service? I'm considering asking you to refund my balance and I'll just stop using bidslammer. What's the point? It only gives one a false sense of security.

Diane

Posted May 31 2010 04:47 pm by Gu***st

Diane,

We did place the snipe on time. You did not meet the bidder requirements on that auction. All we can do is place the snipe. The rest is up to you.

You have used this service eight years. Nothing has changed except we have only gotten more robust.

Diane, we have thousands of subscribers - if this were a widespread problem you would see hundreds of complaints on our forum. The post you referenced on your forum is from two weeks ago and has nothing to do with your situation.

Posted May 31 2010 06:57 pm by Gu***st

What on earth are you talking about "You did not meet the bidder requirements"? What requirements? You told me something similar for the snipe that didn't work two days ago.

The post that I referenced is from 2 DAYS ago and I replied to it 2 days ago, but you erased my reply inadvertently from what you said to me.

I was told on my snipe "Snipe placed, but we could not determine win status. If problem continues please contact customer service asap" and that is what I was doing for what little good it did.

Posted May 31 2010 08:43 pm by Gu***st

Diane,

All we can do is place the snipe and report back the error. In ten years we have a list of about 35 reasons we see where we place the snipe. Please don't shoot the messenger. I will see if I can find out more information, but I don't see any other kinds of misses like that today.

Posted May 31 2010 08:45 pm by Gu***st

You said "The post you referenced on your forum is from two weeks ago and has nothing to do with your situation." That is not true. I was replying to music_lover_* and his problem was today. Apparently, you erased that one accidentally, as well.

Posted May 31 2010 08:48 pm by Gu***st

Still waiting for a reply.

Posted Jun 03 2010 05:23 pm by Gu***st

Diane,

Our job is to place the snipe on time. We did so: ;-)

snipe execution time: 2010-05-31 06:35:35

snipe finish time: 2010-05-31 06:36:37

end time: 2010-05-31 06:36:42

The following is explained and advertised in many places on the site so that you can win every time:

1. Placing a snipe on time, and winning the item, are two totally different things. Our job is to do the snipe.

2. After we snipe, we get a result page back from eBay. The software attempts to read that page and guess why you did not win.

3. Since snipe services are not allowed to use the eBay API, the error message cannot always be reported, but we do catch about 25-30 of them. It is very difficult to determine some reasons.

Buyer requirement are a private matter between you and the seller. This page discusses buyer requirements:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

Posted Jun 03 2010 06:19 pm by Gu***st

Did you my message from 2010 - 05-31? ... You said "The post you referenced on your forum is from two weeks ago and has nothing to do with your situation." That is not true. I was replying to music_lover_* and his problem was today. Apparently, you erased that one accidentally, as well.

By the way, buyer-requirements had nothing to do with either of my missed bids. ( I don't fall into any of the categories.) It's just an easy excuse for you to "explain" why your system failed. I would have more respect for you if you even said "I don't know what happened. Sorry!"

Other people have had problems with it as well, but somehow posts get erased in the forums. I've had it happen twice in a couple of days. You admitted it once (said it was an accident) & avoided it the second time.

Posted Jun 03 2010 06:34 pm by Gu***st

Diane,

The important thing is that we did place the snipe on time with the correct credentials. That is what you pay us for. ;-)

But yes, that is what I am saying and have been saying. We do not know the exact reason other than what is given because it is private information.

I am grateful that you wrote to inquire and give us a chance to explain. You have been a customer for almost 10 years.

About once a year, a customer insists on an extended discussion here, all we can really do is encourage the buyer to just try to buy another item from the seller. So far, anyone who tries it isn't able to do it and they write us back to say it was something simple.

I wish I had more information, I am truly sorry. Rest assured our systems are operating at peak efficiency and we are not missing snipes.

Posted Jun 03 2010 07:45 pm by Gu***st

I"ll try that.

Posted Jun 03 2010 08:46 pm by Gu***st

Thank you for understanding that the snipe was not missed. If you have any questions on future items please let us know. Good night.

Posted Jun 03 2010 09:20 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2021. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Community | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map