BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

several missed snipes

Posted: Nov 09 2010 09:09 AM

On Saturday Bidslammer was down all day. This concerned me because several years ago I lost an important action because Bidslammer did not adjust for day light savings time.

This year I was extremely concerned because another important auction (well important to me) I watched for a week was ending on Sunday. Unfortunately, I was unable to be home watching the auction and I had to rely on Bidslammer. I placed another bid earlier in the day to ensure the program was working; it worked.

Later when I returned I missed three auctions, one that just devastated me. To ensure I would win the auction I placed a huge bid, but did not bid on ebay in fear someone would bid it up.

Well, yesterday I had another auction ended. Just to be safe I placed a moderate bid via Ebay and had my actual bid via Bidslammer. Well, Bidslammer failed again.

I am extremely disappointed that I cant even explain. Of all the auctions I won or missed with Bidslammer none were as important to me than the one I missed on Sunday.

Is there a way where Bidslammer can place my bids earlier or was there some changes to the program/server software, etc that could have resulted in these missed auctions?

I understand there will always be missed auctions and that should be excepted by everyone who uses these programs, but to be disappointed by Bidslammer when I really wanted it to fire prompted this email.

Thanks! Marc

Posted Nov 09 2010 09:09 am by Gu***st

Hello,

I apologize for any confusion. we actually fired double snipes for you to account for the Change of daylight savings time. Therefore one of them fired and overwrote the message from the other one. In many situations, it gave the impression that the bid was lost when won or vice versa. I will look at your particular situation and see, but everyone I have looked at so far falls in this category. Again I am truly sorry for the confusion.

Posted Nov 10 2010 10:18 am by Gu***st

The bid may have fired but was not received by ebay in time. It was extremely disappointing, but I will live. I am just concerned now since I did lose four auctions in a row. Thanks.

Posted Nov 10 2010 12:14 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2021. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Community | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map