BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Items in group were both won

Posted: Dec 14 2010 12:21 PM

Please work with me to resolve this unusual situation.

====================================================

I put two items in My Bid Groups "Treo_700w" (please see below). End times of these two were separated by more than one and one-half hours. Even with this separation I won both of them.

***_Now I am facing the problem of having to buy both items._***

1. item #110621545537 (Ended: Dec 13, 2010 14:26:09 PST)

2. item #270676232268 (Ended: Dec 13, 2010 16:00:12 PST)

Further more, #1 above (#110621545537) ended first and eBay clearly indicates that I am the winner. However, on my bid groups page at your site it showed that:

a) I lost the bid, and

b) There is a note under the item title "Please see System Status page" (red and blue text).

c) Following the link of "System Status page" (https://bidslammer.com/user/status) I got a 404 error.

=================================================

Please let me know if there is any more information I can send you.

Thanks,

Lih-Yen Hsieh

[End of message.]

Posted Dec 14 2010 12:21 pm by Gu***st

I am currently on hook for paying both items.

What are my options?

PLEASE ADVISE.

Thanks!

Posted Dec 15 2010 10:11 am by Gu***st

Hello Lih-Yen,

I truly apologize for the late reply here. We moved to a new help system and a few were left behind. (The duplicates don't show). This was my fault personally, I take responsibility for it as it is not how we usually do things around here. Remind me to send you some promo items when we're done with this exchange.

Where the ending times of the two auctions close together? They cannot be within a few minutes of each other. Here is the disclaimer our customers must approve:

http://bidslammer.com/user/help/bid_groups.php

I'm sorry to hear that you won an item that you did not want, we do work with you and the seller if the situation is problematic. In our experience the seller will let you off the hook if you explain the situation in detail. if I could offer a suggestion, if you write to the seller and tell them you used a dating service, and that you did not intend to buy the product because it was in a group, they will definitely understand. In fact you can link them to this ticket if you like to back up your story.

I just want you to be happy as you are a reasonable person and we do not want to lose your business.

Posted Dec 25 2010 02:55 am by Gu***st

Oh, Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am surprised to learn that apparently you did not read my description - the ending times were already provided in it; they were MORE THAN 1.5 HOURS APART (i.e. > 90 minutes, which is more than 30X, or more than 3000%, the limit the disclaimer advised.)

I have paid for both items and already received shipments. I was completely in the dark during the eleven (11) days since I open the ticket, and dreaded the hassle of communicating to the sellers; and which one should I pick to explain. This being the holiday season, and with the stress from everywhere, I decided the dollar amount simply did not justify these additional aggravations.

After all I used Bidslammer to simplify life and had been generally happy with the utility, and the cost associated with it. But I was never prepared for this kind of incidents. Do you have a layman's explanation you can share?

Somewhat fortunately the problem is just between you and me, not me and the seller. What I am going to do with the extra item? Are you willing to absorb it?

If you intend to follow up please do so after the holidays. I don't know about you but I'd like to enjoy mine. %-<

Lih-Yen

Posted Dec 25 2010 01:15 pm by Gu***st

We just sent you the full layman's explanation in direct email, here's the rest of it as it applies to your situation.

In my explanation above, I meant to say bidding service, it was voice recognition, it really was off that time. I apologize for that.

I don't mean to add insult to injury but would a longsleeve $30 tshirt ease the pain? I just want you to be happy as you are a reasonable person and we do not want to lose your business. We changed the whole software so I'm certain this won't happen again.

Posted Dec 27 2010 07:14 pm by Gu***st

Thanks for the reply.

The other direct email did not explain why I won both items in a group. (It explains a false win situation instead.) Whereas, in my case, it is more like a "false lost" (The system/software thought I lost the first item, while in fact I won it).

It will be really nice if you can send me an appropriate explanation. For example I will understand if there would be a description of how a bug allowed a won item to be mistaken.

I understood the voice recognition glitch so no problem there.

Posted Dec 29 2010 09:00 pm by Gu***st

You would win 2 items in a group if the first was incorrectly reported as a lose.

When you win, it shuts off the others.

Here's a graphical explanation.

http://www.bidslammer.com/help/bid_groups.php

it's definitely fixed now though. Not a peep from anyone. ;)

Thanks for writing in and for your time and patience. We are moving to the zendesk so we can help you there if needed in the future.

Posted Jan 02 2011 10:44 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2021. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Community | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map