BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Three missed snipes in past 6 days

Posted: Jan 11 2011 11:12 AM

I've had 3 missed snipes in the past 6 days : Item #

250749924138 , 160524544111 , 230568564458 The snipes show that they were placed 6 seconds before auction end time. With so many recent misses I would like to have the sniped placed sooner - Is it possible to change the snipe time to be 15 seconds before auction end time?

Posted Jan 11 2011 11:12 am by Gu***st

Keith,

I added a couple of seconds buffer time for your snipes. It appears that on one of those auctions, the seller ended early. On the other ones, there was sufficient lag such that it took 6 seconds for this snipe. Two seconds should be plenty ; seven is a bit too much. But remember that if we increase the delay more than 5 to 7 seconds, some will likely come in snipe you manually.

http://bidslammer.com/help/5_seconds.php

Thank you for taking the time to write in, if you have any other questions, please be sure to let us know.

Cheers,

Jay

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Jan 11 2011 12:47 pm by Gu***st

Jay,

Thanks for the response and adding the 2 seconds. Will that 2 seconds extra be for all future snipes I enter or just on the ones I currently have set? I'm not so concerned about being out sniped manually as much as I am concerned about a snipe not working due to lag.

Posted Jan 11 2011 02:41 pm by Gu***st

Hi,

For you? Whatever you want. I can make a prefs page for you to customize the snipe time. You understand the tradeoff so it's ok. But I have to re-write and test the rest of the code, so give me a few days. I'll make a padding factor, ideally set to zero to fire the snipe at 5 seconds. Then you can add however much time you want.

Posted Jan 12 2011 12:17 pm by Gu***st

OK - That sounds good. If you make a perfs page will all users have access to it? Doesn't matter to me but I'm thinking if you do something special for me that could cause you problems later. Right now I'm using a secondary sniping program to backup the BidSlammer snipes.

Posted Jan 12 2011 12:32 pm by Gu***st

Yes it will be for all users, but I'll put a huge disclaimer up there.

Posted Jan 12 2011 05:32 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map