BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Deleted bid still went through

Posted: Feb 08 2011 07:09 AM

I had put a bid in on the above item, then cancelled that bid by deleting the bid from my account, but the bid went through anyway and now I'm stuck with paying for the item that I thought had been deleted because my account said "1 bid deleted" and therefor I assumed that the bid had been cancelled. I deleted my bid with about 24 minutes left to the end of the auction. What happened? Thanks, Ken

Posted Feb 08 2011 07:09 am by Gu***st

Ken,

I checked the logs, and it seems that the page at BidSlammer wasn't refreshed to show the correct minutes left. Our software does record the time of the snipe and removes and deletes any snipes, and even sets the bid to zero, so if it was after the ending time, it won't update.

Thank you for taking the time to write in, if you have any other questions, please be sure to let us know.

Cheers,

Jay

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Feb 08 2011 01:11 pm by Gu***st

Jay, It must have been that I didn't refresh the page when I deleted it, but I'll be sure to refresh the page next time. Thanks, Ken

Posted Feb 08 2011 03:26 pm by Gu***st

Well I think we should put countdown timers on the page, really. It's not difficult at all. Anything an hour or less should have a countdown timer.

Since you influenced this, any ideas you have to improve the software would be welcome.

Posted Feb 08 2011 03:31 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2021. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Community | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map