BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

eBay Password Problem

Posted: Mar 03 2009 06:14 PM

Ticket closed

Posted Mar 04 2009 05:16 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

[b]BS Userid:[/b] mousekashop

Apparently when eBay detects activity other than viewing your account[Bidding-New sales listings] from other than a known computer address, they decide this is possible fraud activity on your account, and freeze your account ... making you contact them and change your password.

They did this to me today due to the activity coming from the Bidslammer.com server. Why they do this we can speculate on, but they are doing it. Thus, I had to contact them in live-chat, ID myself, and I had to get a temporary new password email, then I could access my account again, and I was forced to change my regular password. Good Grief..

At least this explains what happened. I'll keep my Bidslammer account active, disregard my last email about canceling.

Your comments on this would be appreciated.

Robert Bagwell

Posted Mar 03 2009 06:14 pm by Gu***st

Robert,

This is bizarre -- what indication did you get that you were cut off for this reason? I've never heard of such a thing and no other reports yet. Can you elaborate or paste the email?

Posted Mar 03 2009 08:27 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Robert,

I just sent an explanation to you in the other ticket. Now I can add more.

We recently moved to a new service provider. I'll bet they keep a list of valid sniper services and we need to add our new IP's to that list.

This was a royal pain I bet.. I credited you $10 of snipes, I'm really sorry about that.

Posted Mar 04 2009 01:20 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

I actually had a problem about a year ago where I was posting new listings to my eBay store from my computer at work. eBay restricted my eBay account I use for sales, and I couldn't get access until I contacted them via their live-help at eBay Security. They confirmed the restriciton was activated due to posting new store listings over several weeks from a new computer with a different IP address and HOST address which they did not have on file for me. Their system automatically flagged this as possible fraudulent activity / someone using my account to post fraudulent sales.

Today, I couldn't access my Mousekashop eBay account for purchases and I got an email from eBay saying my account had been compromised and their was fraudulent activity. I went directly to eBay's live-help Security department. They confirmed that they had restricted my account due to regular activity over several weeks originating from an IP address and HOST ID that was not identified as mine in their system. Thus, it was flagged as probable/possible fraud / someone using my account to make fraudulent purchases ... and they automatically restricted my account.

This was live-chat so there is no email to send you.

After getting a new temporary password emailed to me I had to change my eBay password. Check out the eBay confirmation below for the new permanent password which indicates the IP address and HOST ID from the computer I contacted them from. eBay said they do this as part of their security system to look for fraudulent activity on all accounts.

----------------------

Subject: eBay Change Password Confirmation

Date: March 3, 2009 10:06:25 AM PST

To: [edited]

Reply-To: [edited]

Dear mousekashop,

This is a courtesy notice to let you know that your eBay password has been changed. No response is needed.

If you or anyone with authorized access to your account did not make this change, please send an email to [edited].

The password change request was made from:

IP address: 163.150.21.253

ISP host: 10.11.64.250

Posted Mar 04 2009 12:50 am by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Home |  Terms |  Privacy |  Blog |  Help
Copyright © 2001-2020 BidSlammer. All Rights Reserved.