BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

SlamIt not working

Posted: Jan 31 2009 08:00 AM

Since the last maintenance, I can't get SlamIt to work. I tried deleting it and readding it, but the 'drag and drop' isn't working for me. Can you please help? Thanks,

Judy

Posted Jan 31 2009 08:00 am by Gu***st

Hello,

Can you tell me how you are installing Slam-it toolbar? It should just drag up there if the browser is configured to accept it.

Here are some troubleshooting tips you can try, if you cannot install Slam-It from your main snipe page. THIS WORKS FOR FIREFOX ALSO but the menu options are not exactly named the same thing.

1. ** Make sure you allow pop-ups for bidslammer.com. **

2. Right-click your IE bar to enable your Links toolbar. Enable the option, "Links".

3. Drag the Slam-it icon to your browser's menu bar at the top. (Answer YES if asked if it's safe.)

Alternatively, you can try this:

1. Right-click the "Slam-It" button.

2. Add it to your favorites list.

3. Drag it to Links toolbar.

While surfing eBay, just click the Slam-It! icon while you are on the item number of interest.

Here is a page where you can upgrade your browser, if necessary.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx

If none of these things work please let me know.

Kind regards,

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Jan 31 2009 09:08 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

I have tried the steps you provided - tried them yesterday also. It isn't working. I have IE 7 and have not changed any of my setting. SlamIt has worked fine up until late Thursday evening. When I tried to use it during your maintenance period, I got a screen full of html code. Once BidSlammer was back up, I tried using SlamIt and that was when it didn't work. When I couldn't get it to work, I removed it from my tool bar and tried to add it back - that's when I encountered the problem of not being able to add it back.

Also, when I try to sort my bids by auctions ending soonest, I get an error. See below

Not Found

The requested URL /
Notice: Use of undefined constant PHP_SELF - assumed 'PHP_SELF' in /var/www/bs-home/index.php on line 299
/index.php was not found on this server.

Posted Feb 01 2009 03:37 am by Gu***st

The sort is fixed. Okay sounds like your toolbar is locked. Right click on it and check.

Posted Feb 01 2009 04:16 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

No, the tool bar isn't locked. Links are checked and pop-ups are not blocked.

Thanks for fixing the sort.

Judy

Posted Feb 01 2009 05:19 am by Gu***st

When you say it is not locked: I don't have IE7, but on IE6 I would right click on it and there was something called "lock toolbar." I assume IE7 still has that?

About 60% of our users have IE7... no complaints yet...

Are you able to add [i]other[/i] links up there?

Posted Feb 01 2009 05:48 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Yes, IE7 still has the Lock Toolbar function and mine is not locked. I have not tried adding other links - there aren't any that I need, and I'm not sure what I would add.

Posted Feb 01 2009 02:25 pm by Gu***st

The other thing was sometimes I was dragging to the wrong "toolbar"... but you sound knowledgeable there.

I could give you the old toolbar code.... let me find it.

Posted Feb 01 2009 08:27 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

If you edit the link , what does the javascript say?

It should be:

[code]javascript:void(mw=window.open('http://bidslammer.com/user/slam-it.php?url='+location.href,'SlamIt','width=260,height=250,resizable=no,scrollbars=no,menubar=no,status=no'));javascript:void(mw.focus());[/code]

Posted Feb 01 2009 08:31 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

the ticket system messed it up. anyway get the brand new one from your snipe page and try that one. make sure it points to bidslammer.com/user

Posted Feb 01 2009 08:33 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

It does point to bidslammer.com/user, but still no luck. It seem to be the 'drag and drop' that isn't working. I tried to 'drag and drop' an application from my list of Programs, and it works fine when I do that. It just doesn't seem to be working from the BidSlammer site. Does that provide any clues as to what the problem might be? Thanks for all your efforts.

Posted Feb 01 2009 09:37 pm by Gu***st

Does this help? [url http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/ie7_toolbar.mspx]click here [/url].

There is now "unlock toolbar" and "lock position", I don't suppose you have to unlock the actual position also....

The trick was when you hover, it should turn the mouse into a plus sign I think, but you knew that already.

Let me know if that was helpful...

Posted Feb 02 2009 01:14 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Ticket closed

Posted Feb 02 2009 11:00 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Home |  Terms |  Privacy |  Blog |  Help
Copyright © 2001-2020 BidSlammer. All Rights Reserved.