BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Bid Wasn't Placed

Posted: Apr 30 2014 12:54 PM

I've trusted Bidslammer for years, but the service has finally failed me. This is completely frustrating that my bid for this item was not placed and the excuse is "eBay Timed Out." I was watching the auction on my phone as the auction timer ticked down, expecting my bid to be placed at the last moment by Bidslammer. But the bid never came! There was no problems receiving updates from eBay and its servers seemed fine to me. I expect Bidslammer to do something about this failure of its service.

Posted Apr 30 2014 12:54 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

I looked to see exactly what we encountered when we placed this snipe.

We have the eBay result page which indicates the auction was closed already by the time eBay accepted the bid. eBay usually only takes about 1-2 seconds to process a bid, but in this case they required over 10 seconds. The only way to truly get around this would be to increase the lead time.

When we snipe by computer, we encounter the same chance of a connection timing out that you would if you placed it manually. Our software gives you the best chance of a win because we adjust for eBay timeouts automatically. All of the other snipes around yours were firing at about 2-3 seconds, so we did not add any buffer time.

Sorry you did not win but rest assured the systems are all working as advertised. Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Kind regards,

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted May 04 2014 10:59 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2021. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Community | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map