BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Did you send me an email?

Posted:

[b]BS Userid:[/b] wuyg

[b]eBay Item No.:[/b] 130291634572

I won this item on ebay using your service. I then received an email saying it was from "ebay wauy" to my email address that I had won. I have used your service for a long time and have never received such a message. I was suspicious and went to forward it to ebay and it showed it was from "noreplybidslammer". Was this from you? Please let me know as soon as possible. My ebay account was compromised last week and I need to know if that is happening again. Thanks-Linda

Posted Mar 10 2009 03:42 am by Gu***st

Linda,

No way did we send that message, but you are safe if you don't click on anything in the email. Please write with any other questions we take security very seriously.

Posted Mar 10 2009 05:33 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Linda

Can you cut and paste the message here for us to see?

Also can you give me some details about your account compromise?

Posted Mar 10 2009 05:34 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

I do not know how to cut and paste but can forward the email to you if you would give me an email address.

Last week, ebay sent me a message that my account had been "taken over by an unauthorized person." At that time, I was unable to access my account with them or you. They said they were correcting whatever was needed on their side and told me to change passwords, etc., which I did. I changed it on my account with you also. Now this??

Posted Mar 10 2009 05:15 pm by Gu***st

Did the message say "most of your bid are coming from such and such email address?"

You can forward it to [edited].

Posted Mar 10 2009 05:19 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

I think that email was telling you that "someone else is bidding from such-and-such IP address."

That's probably ok. That's us. Power snipers like you will get an email reset from ebay maybe once every few years. I didn't recognize what you were asking, that has to be it.

In short, you're fine. ;)

Posted Mar 11 2009 02:44 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Ticket closed

Posted Mar 11 2009 02:46 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

p.s. the reply message is [edited] (that is us).

Posted Mar 11 2009 02:48 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help and FAQ | Blog | Community | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy