BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Problem with Bidding

Posted: Mar 10 2009 09:22 PM

Hello--

I have over 70 snipes left. However, your bidding has encountered serious troubles. First, I lost out over a week ago on an item and you never even made the bid even though I had a bid well over the final sale price. Second,I also lost out about a week ago on an item that you never made a bid on and you said it was ebays fault. Now today I actually won a bid but my Bidslammer account says I did not win and that I needed to bid $360--I entered a bid over $375.

I am quite disturbed with your product. It does not opperate correctly. Will you be able to fix this problem. If not please refund my money. Thanks, Steve

Posted Mar 10 2009 09:22 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

Ok first please understand that our job is to snipe, but we also try to determine the exact reason for a miss and there are presently 15 reasons with more being invented all the time.

I looked in our log and we definitely placed this bid. Have you changed your eBay password recently? If so you can update it using the "Preferences" link. If that isn't it, then be advised that eBay recently introduced a "link" feature for your eBay account to link to your PayPal account, could this be the issue?

Our best links on this subject are here:

[url http://www.bidslammer.com/help/getting_started.php]Setting up for successful sniping[/url]

[url http://www.bidslammer.com/help/lost.php]Why did I lose?[/url].

If the snipe resulted in an eBay error page, we try to "parse" (read) the error message from the result page and display it below the title. If you feel very strongly that something is amiss, we definitely want to know. But snipes miss, a few times per day, for reasons that snipe services cannot fully explain other than all the reasons we noted.

Thanks for taking the time to write, if you have further questions please feel free to ask me.

Kind regards,

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Mar 10 2009 11:05 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

## re-evaluate any wins based on bid value. critical for not mis-charging

if (

$this->reason == WON_HIGH_BIDDER

&& $info['bid'] < $info['cost'] + $min_bid_incr

#&& strtolower( $info['ebay_userid'] ) != strtolower( $ebay_item->highbidder )

)

$this->reason = LOST_INCREMENT_NOT_MET;

elseif (

$this->reason == WON_HIGH_BIDDER

&& $info['bid'] < $info['cost']

#&& strtolower( $info['ebay_userid'] ) != strtolower( $ebay_item->highbidder )

)

$this->reason = LOST_BID_TOO_LOW;

Posted Mar 10 2009 11:09 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Hello,

I spoke with Ted about your ticket and we both agreed that he didn't address the second part of your question.

Some time ago eBay started hiding the ID of winning bidders. That makes it very difficult for a sniping service to determine the winning bidder on a closed auction. We have tried to be very careful with billing - we would rather fail to charge you for a win than overcharge you for a loss. We will continue to examine the issue of missed charges. Please let us know if see the problem occur again.

Posted Mar 10 2009 11:28 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Home |  Terms |  Privacy |  Blog |  Help
Copyright © 2001-2020 BidSlammer. All Rights Reserved.