BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

updates not correct

Posted: Mar 16 2009 04:13 PM

The current bid prices on several of the items I am bidding are not correct. I am having to go back to e-bay's site to get the current bid amount. clicking on update nor any other button seems to be working.

Why and can it be fixed?

Thanks,

Doug

Posted Mar 16 2009 04:13 pm by Gu***st

Are all your items in germany or UK by any chance ? Or is it just all items.

We did release a change to those item fetches tonight. Let me know.

Posted Mar 17 2009 02:40 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

They are USA based auctions. I am looking right now on e-bay at item # 290301835711 that shows the current bid is $89.00. On your site I have a bid in and your site shows the current price of this same item as $45.50. This is a real pain and is like this on multiple items. Clicking the Refresh Table or Update button does nothing.

Doug

Posted Mar 17 2009 01:47 pm by Gu***st

I logged in as this customer and checked on the problem. Five of the seven items in his list will not refresh and show the wrong current bid amount. They are all US auctions.

I didn't notice anything common among the problem items that might be causing the problem...

Posted Mar 17 2009 02:25 pm by Gu***st

Look in the result directory under the item numbers that are not refreshing.

Posted Mar 17 2009 07:55 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Doug,

When I look now, it looks ok. Is it possible that the refresh was taking too long and the page timed out?

Keep me informed if you see this again, I did have 2-3 other customers report something like this.

Posted Mar 17 2009 09:53 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Sorry but it still doing it on multiple items I am bidding on. It seems when it gets close to the bid closing time it does correct itself but the rest are not correct.

Doug

Posted Mar 17 2009 11:27 pm by Gu***st

There are 5 items out of 7 total that won't refresh when I am logged in as this user. The page refreshes quickly when I click on "Refresh Table", but amounts are still wrong.

I looked in /tmp/result/item #. Four of the five items have no directory. The fifth item shows one updatelisting in fetchitem.log.

Posted Mar 18 2009 01:01 am by Gu***st

Are the items not updating far away from close time > 7 days?

Posted Mar 18 2009 01:45 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Doug,

I was talking to my colleague and I told him this is what I thought the problem was: Items ending after a certain number of days were not being refreshed.

It was at 7 days, now it is extended to 2 weeks. This should fix it. Can you let me know ?

Posted Mar 18 2009 01:57 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

I guess my question is , ' how close to closing time ' were they not being refreshed. 7 days? (that long)?

Posted Mar 18 2009 01:57 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Even 1 day out are incorrect. Look at my bid for item# 180336444890. E-bay shows $169.79 your site shows $85.00 and the bid is only 1 day out.

Doug

Posted Mar 18 2009 01:37 pm by Gu***st

Doug,

Ok that helps a lot actually. I plan to resolve this as my top priority, I will write soon.

Posted Mar 19 2009 03:58 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Doug,

My partner saw this happen so I know you aren't crazy ;-). But with our new rev I cannot make this happen. I just did a Refresh-Table and it updated an item 3 days out. So tell you what, if this happens again, write and let us know and then we will look right at that moment.

Posted Mar 20 2009 01:43 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Ted,

It “appears” to be working correctly now for whatever reason. I will let you know in the next few days how it is doing.

Thanks for your help.

Doug

Posted Mar 20 2009 02:08 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

Yes ok thanks just let us know if it messes up.

Posted Mar 20 2009 11:42 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Home |  Terms |  Privacy |  Blog |  Help
Copyright © 2001-2020 BidSlammer. All Rights Reserved.