BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

can't log in

Posted: Mar 17 2009 02:31 AM

[b]BS Userid:[/b] cadeaux2001

Over the weekend I updated one of my secondary BidSlammer accounts, "mybestthings" and now I can't seem to properly log out of that account. Each time I access BidSlammer with my main account, which is 'cadeaux2001' and enter cadeaux's password, BidSlammer takes me right back into 'mybestthings'. Can you give me a hand with this please, I'd like to get the accounts back in working order. Thanks in advance.

Posted Mar 17 2009 02:31 am by Gu***st

Elda,

Log out here: [url https://bidslammer.com/user/logout.php]logout link, click here[/url]

Then go back to [url https://bidslammer.com/user]home page[/url] and make sure you are redirected to the log in page.

So far so good?

Posted Mar 17 2009 02:40 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Thanks but no good - the BidSlammer home page still comes up as "mybestthings", even though I log in under "cadeaux2001" and use cadeaux's password....

can we keep trying please?

Posted Mar 17 2009 03:22 am by Gu***st

Absolutely, this needs to work for you correctly. Let me walk through the steps. The more info I have the better, thanks.

Posted Mar 17 2009 03:26 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Unfortunately I have to leave my computer for the evening. Perhaps as a 'last resort' we should just delete "mybestthings" as a subscriber and just stick with my main account "cadeaux2001". It could be that because "mybestthings" and "cadeaux2001" have the same user name, address and personal info (ie Elda Woolliams) that the 'newer' account - "mybestthings" - just overtakes the existing "cadeaux2001" account. I don't mind quitting "mybestthings" and finding another way to get a backup account.

I do need and want to maintain "cadeaux2001" even if it has to be my only account.

Thanks for your help...

Elda

Posted Mar 17 2009 03:31 am by Gu***st

Elda,

Do this.

1. Just delete all cookies from bidslammer from your browser. Do you know how to do that? Go to Internet Options, Click on Settings under Browser History, Click on View Files. You can delete one by one there or view them.

facts:

2. The names and such have no relevance so you can rest assured on that note.

3. If you log out of ANY account using that logout button above, and then go to https://bidslammer.com/user and fail to be redirected to the login page, then that is a big problem. Is this happening to you?

4. Either way logging in as one account should totally override the other account, so the logout should not be necessary.

Posted Mar 17 2009 09:10 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Ted, thanks for your ongoing help. I deleted all cookies when this problem first came up, which was when I updated the "mybestthings" information for BidSlammer. I keep deleting cookies every morning now, but the problem is still there. It is basically this: "mybestthings" will not log out. Even when I click 'logout' and get the BidSlammer message 'you are now logged out', when I go back into BidSlammer (the long way @ www.bidslammer.com) the upper right hand corner always says "welcome back mybestthings". If I click logout again and then ask to 'login as someone else' I can print in 'cadeaux2001' and its password but the page opens to "mybestthings". So, I still can't seem to truly 'logout' of "mybestthings" and into any other name. I even tried to open a new account but couldn't get past the "mybestthings" login - even though I was typing in other names and passwords. I'm so sorry to take so much of your time but I really would like to get this resolved. Can we just 'delete' the "mybestthings" account - try to get rid of it?

Posted Mar 17 2009 02:55 pm by Gu***st

Elda,

Ok I looked into this. Here is the short answer: DELETE ALL COOKIES from your browser.

From that point on logout will work right.

Actually logout is working right -- but you still have cookies on your computer pointing back to the older http: site that will not expire for about 1 more month.

That will fix everything, just delete all cookies.

Posted Mar 17 2009 09:07 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Ted, thank you SO MUCH for your patience. I've still got my fingers crossed but that seemed to work.... however, to do it I had to totally remove my filter so now I'll just be spammed to death - LOL, at least I can snipe. Thank you again, I'm certainly very impressed.

Posted Mar 17 2009 11:28 pm by Gu***st

Elda,

My pleasure, that definitely fixed it, you just had to get rid of the bad cookies. You don't have to remove your filter, just have it allow

.bidslammer.com"

Posted Mar 18 2009 01:46 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Ticket closed

Posted Mar 19 2009 08:05 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Home |  Terms |  Privacy |  Blog |  Help
Copyright © 2001-2020 BidSlammer. All Rights Reserved.