BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Posted: Mar 28 2009 03:08 AM

[b]eBay Item No.:[/b] #230331957764

Why did this $125 bid lose?

Posted Mar 28 2009 03:08 am by Gu***st

Hello,

For 230331957764, the sniper did "wake up" and try to snipe, but when it did, it got a page back from eBay that did not include a bidding form. That means your password could be wrong. We do not fully understand this miss but we did place it at and it finished 2 seconds later. It should have taken 4-5 seconds.

You might notice in the last 6 months we have been displaying the reason for misses as it is seen on the eBay result page. There are 15-20 reasons why a snipe can miss, but there are still a couple that are not understood, I am just being honest.

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions please let us know and thank you for taking the time to write us.

Kind regards,

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Mar 28 2009 03:45 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

My pass word is fine, and you sucessfully placed bids on other less important lots earlier in the day. I am not pleased. If I can not not rely on you 100% of the time than I can not really rely on you at all, can I?

Posted Mar 28 2009 08:50 am by Gu***st

Neil,

I took a closer look at the log files and here is what I found. The error returned by eBay said " The following must be corrected before continuing: Enter $125.01 or more".

You did not win because your bid did not meet the minimum bid increment. The item sold for $122.51. The bid increment was $2.50. Therefore a bid of less than $125.01 was rejected by eBay.

You can rely on us to always place your place your bids, but you can not rely on us to always win for you. You must understand and comply with all of eBay's complex rules in order to win.

Here is a link to a page on eBay's site that will help explain bid increments: [url http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/bid-increments.html]About Bid Increments[/url]

I hope that explains things. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best Regards,

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Mar 28 2009 02:57 pm by Gu***st

So I guess the complete answer is: If it did go through, it would have failed anyway. Good observation.

Posted Mar 29 2009 02:55 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Ticket closed

Posted Mar 29 2009 11:49 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Home |  Terms |  Privacy |  Blog |  Help
Copyright © 2001-2020 BidSlammer. All Rights Reserved.