BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

opening bid price and by it now auction snipe

Posted:

[b]BS Userid:[/b] dave628106

If I place a bidslammer snipe for $20. on an auction that has an opening bid of $10. and a buy it now price for $20. and no one else makes a bid is my snipe automatically bumped to the $20 buy it now price when it is executed? Should my max snipe be $19.99?

Thanks! Dave

Posted Apr 03 2009 10:15 pm by Gu***st

David,

That's a good question, and I think I can answer it properly. First, if there was any bid placed before your snipe the buy it now would be cancelled, so it would be considered a normal auction at that point. You probably know that but I thought I would cover it.

Because BidSlammer is placing a bid, and not using a buy it now form to submit the bid, it should be placed as a regular bid and you should win for $10.00. That is the logical answer, but things at eBay do not always follow a logical approach.

The safe answer is to place the bid at $19.99. If eBay sees the bid price as matching the buy it now price, they may return a error message that would prevent the bid from being placed at all.

I will ask around and see if someone else here has experience with that situation.

Best Regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Apr 03 2009 10:38 pm by Gu***st

Ticket closed

Posted Apr 04 2009 02:02 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help and FAQ | Blog | Community | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy