BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Constant Red Alert

Posted: Apr 08 2009 07:51 PM

[b]BS Userid:[/b] AlisN1dlan

[b]eBay Item No.:[/b] none

Several months ago several of my snipes missed because my Ebay password wasn't current with Bidslammer. I have now updated Bidslammer with my current EBay password at least five separate times but I still keep getting the alert!!

Posted Apr 08 2009 07:51 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

The error gives explicit instructions on why it can't accept it and what to do about it (you are using un-secure characters). Follow those instructions and write back if you have further trouble.

You will most likely need to modify your eBay password to exclude certain insecure and "hackable" characters.

Best Regards.

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Apr 09 2009 02:09 am by Gu***st

No: The error [b]doesn't[/b] give [b]"explicit"[/b] instructions. All the alert says is that my Ebay password "appears" to have been changed and now needs to be updated with BidSlammer.

And what the heck do you mean by "hackable", "insecure" characters??? Ebay passwords can only contain letters and numbers.

Carol Patterson-Martineau

Posted Apr 09 2009 02:28 am by Gu***st

Carol,

Please try clearing your web browser cookies and cache. Many times old information stored in a cookie can cause problems.

Let me know if that solves the problem.

Best Regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Care

Posted Apr 09 2009 02:49 am by Gu***st

Carol,

John is referring to the error message, the one when you submit your form.:

"BidSlammer cannot accept An eBay password with any of these four characters for security reasons: !! $$ ** &&. We respect your efforts to keep s security-conscious password and hope you

wouldn't mind trying a small modification.

Posted Apr 10 2009 09:20 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

The error seems to be gone when I log in as you. Please let us know if you have any other questions, and thanks again for your business!

Kind regards,

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Apr 10 2009 09:21 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Ticket closed

Posted Apr 11 2009 01:52 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Home |  Terms |  Privacy |  Blog |  Help
Copyright © 2001-2020 BidSlammer. All Rights Reserved.