BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Incorrect billing

Posted: Jul 14 2009 02:33 AM

[b]BS Userid:[/b] bearmountainsolar

[b]eBay Item No.:[/b] n/a

You have billed me incorrectly.

I have won $600.29 dollars worth of merchandise via this service. At 1% that should be a maximum of $6.00. And ignoring my first three FREE snipes, the total I won comes to $217.09 - which should be a $2.00 charge.

But you drained my initial $25 ($20 + $5 bonus) and more - my account was $2.85 NEGATIVE. When I added another $25.00, my account balance was $22.15.

You appear to be charging me for ALL ITEMS IN A GROUP when I win in a group, rather than just the item that was won.

Please adjust my balance to the correct amount, which should be just about $47.

Posted Jul 14 2009 02:33 am by Gu***st

Bob,

You are right about being billed for all items in a group. A recent code change created the bug - it is fixed now. Thanks for bringing it to our attention

It looks to me like your total charges should have been $2.63. I credited your account and your balance now shows $47.63.

Sorry for the trouble. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Jul 14 2009 04:52 am by Gu***st

your responses are so good sometimes u can hear music. ;-)

Posted Jul 14 2009 05:27 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Great! Thanks - I love this service. I've used it in the past as xxZONxx, but couldn't remember the associated password to get into the old account, so I changed account names on eBay.

No matter how many other services I try, I always come back to BidSlammer as being the best!

Posted Jul 14 2009 05:56 am by Gu***st

Robert,

Hmm...... the timing of this I can't resist. I just fixed the forums so folks can log in (for real this time.)

Would you mind seeing if you can log RIGHT IN to the forum at [url http://forum.bidslammer.com]forum.bidslammer.com[/url]. Maybe try to click "comments & suggestions" and leave your testimonial above? I dunno, just asking.

The forum has been dead since no one could log in. ;-)

Posted Jul 14 2009 08:32 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

It's nice to skip the Captcha, but it doesn't seem to know who I am when I post, however. No name...

Posted Jul 14 2009 09:44 am by Gu***st

Ok do I have this right?

1. you made a guest post.

2. Then you logged in ok and made another post, and that went ok too except the userid?

Posted Jul 14 2009 09:58 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

That sounds about right.

Heh. You have NO idea how many times I've fought through setting these things up. I'll gladly help out, as I have the opportunity to...

You have PM, if you are John Slammer...

Posted Jul 14 2009 10:11 am by Gu***st

You are welcome to IM me -> rsbriggs999@[ Yahoo | AOL ].com

Posted Jul 14 2009 10:19 am by Gu***st

No I'm TedSlammer ;-) Well see we switched to Invision and it is superb. Turns out they have a separate table for passwords and I figured out the hash algorithm to store passwords ( from bidslammer ), but now the userid isn't there for some reason. I'll look at it tomorrow. I'm in CST and it's 5am ;-)

Posted Jul 14 2009 10:20 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

I'm in EST. 5 am, eh? But the question to be asked is...

Are you just going to bed, or just getting up, or is sleep something just vaguely remembered from a time before making the decision to start doing "just a little easy web development"?

Anyway - you have my IM. Feel free to give me a holler...

Posted Jul 14 2009 10:28 am by Gu***st

I'm going to bed now. Lemme know some of your tech background we have odd jobs all the time. Mysql, PHP, scripting, blog articles, to name a few.

I found [url bearmountainsolar] this post [/url] and viola, it worked. THey have four freaking username fields. I filled out three of them, someone sue me already.

Guess it looks bad having a "Sorry the forum fixed message" up for 3 weeks when it ain't fixed. Oh well. I have a great idea to get folks to use it but I'll fill u in later.

Posted Jul 14 2009 11:05 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

oops [url http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=tracker&showissue=16502&st=0&gopid=62906&#entry62906] this link [/url]

Posted Jul 14 2009 11:06 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Got to love that PHP :)

I've been developing since the epoch. More precisely, the year between the start of the UNIX epoch at 0:0:0, and the later year when UTC was actually invented to base the Unix 0:0:0 on.

If you're geeky enough, that should pin it down to a specific year for you :)

I'm a 'C' and KSH guru - and reasonably proficient in similar languages, like BASH. I'm also a database guy - Teradata and Oracle, but familiar with MySQL. I'm moderately proficient in PHP, Java, C#, Perl, Python, and an uncounted number of other languages and technologies.

(Been at it for a LONG time...)

===bob briggs

Posted Jul 14 2009 12:15 pm by Gu***st

My 1st computer was a TI-99-4.

Well we should chat. Even though we have a solid ajax programmer, and also a great php scripter as well for odd jobs; we could still use a perl hacker for this one project in particular. I can send you over a link if you want to look at it, maybe we could work something out.

Posted Jul 14 2009 02:07 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Ticket closed

Posted Jul 15 2009 11:06 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map