BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Account Balance

Posted: Jul 18 2009 12:25 AM

Thanks for the return email. Respectfully, here is my position. Sometime before Bidslammer changed its billing policy I responded to multiple special offers and purchased "pay-per-use snipe wins." Bidslammer's written policy was then as it is stated today - "Your snipe balance will never, ever expire." That is why I was comfortable buying snipes in large quantity. My SNIPE balance was 194 as of two days ago. I respectfully ask that you return my balance to reflect the SNIPES that I purchased. It appears that Bidslammer is attempting to somehow undo or void these prior purchases, and place the purchase price on account for use under its new billing system. That plan is contrary to Bidslammer's written policy at time of purchase, and I am not willing to surrender my SNIPES for refund or credit.

If this is not the case, and Bidslammer is attempting a conversion since its billing process has changed, I also have a fundemental concern with this plan. A conversion from SNIPES to DOLLARS can't be done with any accuracy without doing a specific analysis to each user's account, and assuming future use based on a cutomer's ebay history is still not an accurate way to do business. However, before writing I did attempt such a conversion. My sniped ebay auctions in the last 30 days, and what I believe would have been the corresponding Bidslammer costs based on your new DOLLAR system are as follows:

End Bid Bidslammer Cost

$630.00 $5.00

$ 12.70 $ .50

$ 17.83 $ .50

$ 53.85 $ .53

$200.00 $2.00

$ 66.00 $ .66

$ 66.00 $ .66

$ 8.49 $ .50

$ 9.99 $ .50

$504.00 $5.00

TOTAL FEES $15.85 for 10 auctions, or an average of $1.58 per auction.

Based on this analysis, if my account were to be converted from SNIPES to DOLLARS based on previous use, each SNIPE on account would need to be converted to a DOLLAR value of $1.58, for a DOLLAR balance of $306.52. (194 x $1.58)

I would prefer, to ensure fairness for all, that you just return my account balance back to SNIPES to reflect the SNIPES that I previously purchased. I am a power user, and will go through these SNIPES quickly. I have been a loyal customer for years and have recommended Bidslammer to many people who have also become loyal customers.

Thanks for taking the time to correct this.

~Scott

Posted Jul 18 2009 12:34 pm by Gu***st

Scott,

We had just converted it back based on the original value it was converted from back in November. However, I added another $50 based on your average snipe cost today. Sorry about that, you are a long-term customer and we don't want any unhappy customers. Just let us know if the conversion wasn't fair.

Posted Jul 18 2009 09:08 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Ticket closed

Posted Jul 18 2009 07:11 am by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

[b]BS Userid:[/b] rscott1782

[b]eBay Item No.:[/b] N/A

Hi. As of two days ago my snipe balance was 194 SNIPES. Today it is $30.18 USD. Not sure how this can be. Please fix. Thanks!

Posted Jul 18 2009 12:25 am by Gu***st

Scott,

We are slowly converting "snipes" to dollars and the system adjusted your account to reflect what you actually pay for snipes.

In this case it may not have converted your snipes to a fair dollar amount. I will look into it.

Posted Jul 18 2009 03:02 am by Gu***st

Thanks for the return email. Respectfully, here is my position. Sometime before Bidslammer changed its billing policy I responded to multiple special offers and purchased "pay-per-use snipe wins." Bidslammer's written policy was then as it is stated today - "Your snipe balance will never, ever expire." That is why I was comfortable buying snipes in large quantity. My SNIPE balance was 194 as of two days ago. I respectfully ask that you return my balance to reflect the SNIPES that I purchased. It appears that Bidslammer is attempting to somehow undo or void these prior purchases, and place the purchase price on account for use under its new billing system. That plan is contrary to Bidslammer's written policy at time of purchase, and I am not willing to surrender my SNIPES for refund or credit.

If this is not the case, and Bidslammer is attempting a conversion since its billing process has changed, I also have a fundemental concern with this plan. A conversion from SNIPES to DOLLARS can't be done with any accuracy without doing a specific analysis to each user's account, and assuming future use based on a cutomer's ebay history is still not an accurate way to do business. However, before writing I did attempt such a conversion. My sniped ebay auctions in the last 30 days, and what I believe would have been the corresponding Bidslammer costs based on your new DOLLAR system are as follows:

End Bid Bidslammer Cost

$630.00 $5.00

$ 12.70 $.50

$ 17.83 $.50

$ 53.85 $.53

$200.00 $2.00

$ 66.00 $.66

$ 66.00 $.66

$ 8.49 $.50

$ 9.99 $.50

$504.00 $5.00

TOTAL FEES $15.85 for 10 auctions, or an average of $1.58 per auction.

Based on this analysis, if my account were to be converted from SNIPES to DOLLARS based on previous use, each SNIPE on account would need to be converted to a DOLLAR value of $1.58, for a DOLLAR balance of $306.52. (194 x $1.58)

I would prefer, to ensure fairness for all, that you just return my account balance back to SNIPES to reflect the SNIPES that I previously purchased. I am a power user, and will go through these SNIPES quickly. I have been a loyal customer for years and have recommended Bidslammer to many people who have also become loyal customers.

Thanks for taking the time to correct this.

~Scott

Posted Jul 18 2009 12:36 pm by Gu***st

Scott

If we did it that way you would have $31. The 75 snipes you bought in November are long gone. You never had $300 in your account. That is exactly what we did -- we converted them back at the same rate they were converted to, plus excess. The FREE bucks were supposed to expire in November. You are coming out about $70 ahead.

Posted Jul 18 2009 02:03 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Scott, the mistake we made was back in November, not yesterday. We also ADDED another $50. By the same token that we give refunds to customers when due, we have to correct gross errors. Quite frankly it's odd that none of our customers mentioned the unusual conversion values back in November. Part of your loyalty might derive from the fact that you got so much free service. I am willing to go back and do a snipe-by-snipe count, but you are probably not going to like the result.

Posted Jul 18 2009 02:44 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Scott,

Sorry for any confusion but you opened about 8 tickets and it causes confusion on this end. Please make sure just to open one ticket. ;-)

We posted a message that answers your question, on your home page. Considerations are as follows.

1. We did not bill some accounts at the time of the snipe for 3 weeks, so part of it simply is that your account was tallied.

2. For about 47 accounts, the "snipe count" or the "balance" was negative by about $5-$10 or so or by 5-10 snipes. So we "dumped" any negative snipe counts into snipe dollars.

3. In making these changes, we tried to make it so that customers only had EITHER snipes OR dollars. So in a few cases we traded snipes at a value of $1 each if you had 20 or less.

4. There is a bug where if you do actually own both snipes AND dollars, only the snipes will show and not the balance.

#4 will be resolved, by sending email and giving you an opportunity to exchange the snipes for dollars. If this still doesn't make sense let us know.

Posted Jul 20 2009 02:00 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Ticket closed

Posted Jul 20 2009 08:49 pm by Your Friendly BidSlammer Admin

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map