BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

NO SNIP MADE ON ITEM

Posted: Jul 22 2009 12:22 AM

Hi !

I'd like to know what happened on those 2 aunctions : no snip was made from ou evenif I was interested in those items and had set up a snip on those, and had sufficient credit on my balance....

* Michael Jackson Official HIStory Phonecards set !Rebay item #310154031916

* 11X14 Michael Jackson Mosaic Photo Collage Poster

ebay item #270425987302

Thanks for your feedback, i'd really like to know

Best regards

Laurence

Posted Jul 22 2009 12:22 am by Gu***st

Laurence,

I checked our log files and the snipe was placed on both items:

Item #...916 The seller changed the category twice, and also changed the item specifics, reserve price, minimum bid, title, and description. Something likely changed after you added the item to BidSlammer that caused the snipe to fail.

Item # ...302 eBay returned a message stating "You're on the Playground - Click here to go to the regular eBay site". Ebay playground is an experimental site where they test new features. While buying and selling are real on the playground, it is still experimental and not supported by BidSlammer.

Kind regards,

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Jul 22 2009 04:52 am by Gu***st

Hello,

Is there a way to be informed on Ebay about that "Playground" feature ? Being tight partner with Ebay I guess they provided you with a way of getting around those kinds of issues ?..!... If not, as Bidslammer customers how can we rely on the snipper if that kind of things happen? I'd definitely like to be updated on that matter :

Is there an indication on Ebay (for ex a "no snipper allowed" logo?)

Should we ask them if the aunction we intend to snipe is "on th playground" or not ?

Could there be a "pre snipping test" instaured on Bidslammer to ensure the item is "snippable"?

It seriously hurts my confidence in Bidslammer knowing a snipe can be impeeded without any notice and no chance to react... I don't think that is a normal situation to let this risk remain. Thanks for keeping me informed.

Posted Jul 22 2009 06:43 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

Is there a way to be informed on Ebay about that "Playground" feature ? Being tight partner with Ebay I guess they provided you with a way of getting around those kinds of issues ?..!... If not, as Bidslammer customers how can we rely on the snipper if that kind of things happen? I'd definitely like to be updated on that matter :

Is there an indication on Ebay (for ex a "no snipper allowed" logo?)

Should we ask them if the aunction we intend to snipe is "on th playground" or not ?

Could there be a "pre snipping test" instaured on Bidslammer to ensure the item is "snippable"?

It seriously hurts my confidence in Bidslammer knowing a snipe can be impeeded without any notice and no chance to react... I don't think that is a normal situation to let this risk remain. Thanks for keeping me informed.

Posted Jul 22 2009 06:44 pm by Gu***st

The only way I know of to bid from the eBay playground is to go directly to http://playground.ebay.com. I reported the message that eBay returned to us, but I don't have any other information on that experimental feature.

No sniping service is allowed to use ebay's API, which is a way for programmers to interface with eBay. For that reason all sniping services are very sensitive to changes made by eBay. We have to react to situations as we see them occur.

In theory all auctions can be sniped. eBay does not endorse or forbid sniping. There is no way to pre test an item for sniping as there are many different situations that could cause a snipe to fail. There are a couple of good topics on the [url http://forum.bidslammer.com]BidSlammer Forum[/url] that discuss these issues.

Please remember, sniping is no different than placing a bid manually. We place the bids for our customers, but have no control over the process after the snipe is placed. If our snipe fails, in almost all cases it would have failed if you were placing the bid manually.

Posted Jul 23 2009 02:14 am by Gu***st

Ticket closed

Posted Jul 23 2009 11:11 am by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map