BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

BidSlammer says I won when I lost

Posted: May 22 2009 08:18 AM

Unfortunately I wasn't successful on ebay item #220412970170. Can you please correct this snipe for me. Thanks

Posted May 22 2009 08:18 am by Gu***st

I credited you for the snipe and will look into the reason for the mischarge. Thanks for the heads up.

For anyone who experiences a situation where you are charged for a snipe you did not win, please report it in the forums. This greatly helps us refine our product, eliminate errors, and keep up with the ever changing world of eBay.

Posted May 22 2009 09:36 am by Gu***st

Unfortunately I wasn't successful on ebay item #220412970170. Can you please correct this snipe for me. Thanks

it just happened to me too...what gives and why?

Posted Feb 19 2010 07:24 am by Gu***st

Hello,

Please post an item number. I can provide more information once I have something to refer to.

Posted Feb 19 2010 09:38 am by Gu***st

BidSlammer says I won 3 items and I didn't. What's up? Please help. Item #'s 230439557744, 390160468157 and 260556965399.

Posted Feb 26 2010 08:00 am by Gu***st

There is a message posted in my account.

Mis-reported snipes:

Some snipe from yesterday show as still set. Rest assured no snipes

were missed, we made a change to the database and some snipes simply

did not show the correct status. The site is functioning normally.

Posted Feb 26 2010 11:15 am by Gu***st

Hello,

[s]It looks like that was related to the misreported snipe status.[/s] I credited your account for those items.

I did some further checking on those items, and all 3 returned a Paypal security key error. You should not have been billed, we'll get that fixed, but we can't place your snipes if you have a Paypal security key in place. Here's an excerpt from our blog on security keys:

You definitely must turn off your PayPal security key if you are going to snipe, since it uses Captcha.  Captcha is the sniping equivalent of a bulletproof vest, nothing can get through.  So that if you are using this, make sure to disable it for sniping.

Posted Feb 26 2010 12:33 pm by Gu***st

@ discountdave,

All users will see the following message on their home page:

"Some snipe from yesterday show as still set. Rest assured no snipes

were missed, we made a change to the database and some snipes simply

did not show the correct status. The site is functioning normally."

Basically, that means that if you see a snipe status as "set" after an auction ends, the snipe was placed. It's an error in the status reporting. It's not likely that you will see that happen again as the reporting error was fixed - just a heads up for everyone.

Posted Feb 26 2010 02:12 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map