BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Slam it toolbar

Posted: Jun 18 2009 12:32 PM

I have never been able to get this feature to work nor can any of my friends! I run IE7 and have done everything required in the instructions.

- I initialze links in the IE7 toolbar

- I get a "greyed-out" links button

- When I click on the "slam-it" icon it will not drag anywhere and never shows up on the IE7 toolbar

- This is a new computer it did not work on the old one and will not work on the new one.

WHAT GIVES IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS HARD!!!!!!

Posted Jun 18 2009 12:32 pm by Gu***st

Sometimes Windows can be pretty fussy - different service packs, updates, etc. can cause unexpected things to happen. Here is a method that should work for any IE7 user:

First, click on View/Toolbars and make sure there is a check next to "Links". The links toolbar must be visible. Sometimes people accidentally move toolbars around, so make sure you can see a toolbar with the word "Links" on the left side of the toolbar.

Now log in to BidSlammer and visit the home page. Look for a SlamIt graphic on the right side of the page. Right click on the graphic and then left click on "Add to Favorites". Choose "yes" on the security alert box that pops up. The next box that pops up will have a drop down button to choose the folder to save the link in. Be sure to choose the "Links" folder.

That's it. The link should appear on the toolbar, ready to use. Let us know how things work out.

Posted Jun 18 2009 09:01 pm by Gu***st

Sometimes Windows can be pretty fussy - different service packs, updates, etc. can cause unexpected things to happen. Here is a method that should work for any IE7 user:

First, click on View/Toolbars and make sure there is a check next to "Links". The links toolbar must be visible. Sometimes people accidentally move toolbars around, so make sure you can see a toolbar with the word "Links" on the left side of the toolbar.

Now log in to BidSlammer and visit the home page. Look for a SlamIt graphic on the right side of the page. Right click on the graphic and then left click on "Add to Favorites". Choose "yes" on the security alert box that pops up. The next box that pops up will have a drop down button to choose the folder to save the link in. Be sure to choose the "Links" folder.

That's it. The link should appear on the toolbar, ready to use. Let us know how things work out.

Posted Nov 29 2009 12:40 pm by Gu***st

What about installing Slam It in IE8? The "Links" toolbar is now named "Favorites" and drag and drop does not work.

Posted Nov 29 2009 12:44 pm by Gu***st

nervous,

I don't have a machine with IE8 installed available at the moment, but try this:

Add a new link to your favorites bar, Name it SlamIt, and copy and paste in the following for the url.

javascript:void(mw=window.open('http://bidslammer.com/user/slam-it.php?url='+location.href,'SlamIt','width=300,height=230,resizable=no,scrollbars=no,menubar=no,status=no'));javascript:void(mw.focus());

Let me know if that works for you.

Posted Nov 29 2009 06:42 pm by Gu***st

nervous,

I don't have a machine with IE8 installed available at the moment, but try this:

Add a new link to your favorites bar, Name it SlamIt, and copy and paste in the following for the url.

javascript:void(mw=window.open('http://bidslammer.com/user/slam-it.php?url='+location.href,'SlamIt','width=300,height=230,resizable=no,scrollbars=no,menubar=no,status=no'));javascript:void(mw.focus());

Let me know if that works for you.

When I tried this a popup box came up with this:

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: Entity: line 1: parser error

Posted Nov 30 2009 10:30 am by Gu***st

Well, I guess we will have to work on that one. Microsoft makes things very difficult as they keep changing the rules for each version of IE. That makes it tough to come up with a solution that works for everyone - many people still use IE7.

One solution that does work is to use Firefox for sniping (Slamit Toolbar works fine). Firefox is a free web browser that you can install. It does not replace IE so you can always remove it if you don't like it. In my experience, once you use Firefox for a few days you will likely ditch IE8 altogether. You can download it [url="http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/"]here[/url].

Posted Nov 30 2009 07:39 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map