BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Invalid item number

Posted: Jun 28 2009 03:51 PM

Quite often I get this message:

We cannot add a snipe for item #xxxxxxx19083. The auction has ended, or the item number is invalid.

The auction is still on and the number is correct. If I bid directly on eBay I can win the auction (I actually did). What is the cause?

Posted Jun 28 2009 03:51 pm by Gu***st

Can you give me an eBay item number where this is happening? Also, are these items on an eBay site outside the US?

John

Posted Jun 28 2009 11:47 pm by Gu***st

The most recent number is #370219019083. it's listed in Germany.

Posted Jun 29 2009 01:36 am by Gu***st

If you view this item on ebay.com you will get the following message: "This item is not available for purchase on eBay United States."

We have seen this situation become more frequent over the past few months, mostly in Germany. BidSlammers servers are located in the US. The bid will be placed on the US eBay server, which works fine in most cases. In this case eBay Germany is blocking the bid because the seller doesn't ship to the US.

I suspect that you don't live in the US so you may wonder why it should matter. The problem seems to be that eBay Germany is looking at the IP address rather than the account details of the buyer, and rejecting it because the IP address originates from the US.

It should also be noted that sniping services are illegal in Germany, so placing the bid directly on ebay.de is not an option. Will will continue to look at this issue, but for now there is no easy answer.

Posted Jun 29 2009 08:18 am by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map