BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

all my snipes are missing even though my bids were much higher

Posted: Jun 28 2009 05:46 PM

All my snipes were much higher than the winning bid,what went wrong?Lost ALL the auctions.

I'm not a new user and have never had this issue before,help!

if this continues I'll have to leave Bidslammer,there is NO customer support!

Posted Jun 28 2009 05:46 pm by Gu***st

Item numbers are a big help in a situation like this. The more information we have, the better we are able to help with problems.

In regards to eBay item number ........5343 the message returned by eBay was "Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details." eBay is asking for a confirmation before accepting a bid.

More details on this topic are in this thread: http://forum.bidslammer.com/index.php?showtopic=7

Posted Jun 29 2009 12:18 am by Gu***st

Item numbers are a big help in a situation like this. The more information we have, the better we are able to help with problems.

In regards to eBay item number ........5343 the message returned by eBay was "Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details." eBay is asking for a confirmation before accepting a bid.

More details on this topic are in this thread: http://forum.bidslammer.com/index.php?showtopic=7

Is this a new Ebay policy?It seems to be happening to all my bids,not just 5343,but also those ending with 2471,3899 and 8161.

When you place a bid directly with Ebay ,they have ALWAYS asked for a confirmation,yet,this didn't interfere with your bidding for me.If this is a new way for them to kick us out,I'll have to get a refund as I don't want to continue loosing all my bids.

Please advise.

Posted Jun 29 2009 07:36 am by Gu***st

It is not a new policy, just a continuation of an ever changing policy. What is true today could change tomorrow. Fortunately, this only affects a very small percentage of our total bids.

If you are receiving a high percentage of rejected bids there is likely another problem. I will check a few more of your items and see if I can spot something else.

Posted Jun 29 2009 08:45 am by Gu***st

It is not a new policy, just a continuation of an ever changing policy. What is true today could change tomorrow. Fortunately, this only affects a very small percentage of our total bids. 

If you are receiving a high percentage of rejected bids there is likely another problem. I will check a few more of your items and see if I can spot something else.

THANKS1I'll be looking for your answer.

Posted Jun 29 2009 10:28 am by Gu***st

John;

Did you find out what is happening with my bids?

I'm afraid to place any more bids just to loose items I really want...

Please advise.

Posted Jul 03 2009 09:09 am by Gu***st

The error messages reported by eBay don't always make sense, so we have to do a lot of investigating to come up with an answer. Here's some information that will help.

Item ........5343

eBay returned "Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details."

I discovered the seller has a DSR of 4.7 for item description. eBay considers 4.7 a failing grade and is looking for an additional confirmation before placing the bid.

Item ........2471

eBay returned same message as above

This time the seller did not have have any low DSR ratings, but eBay still requested an additional confirmation. The topic I referenced above has more information on these types of errors.

I checked a couple of other items and could not find a specific reason for a bid failure. The snipes were placed but were not accepted by eBay. I can't find any indication that eBay is rejecting your bids because of an account issue, and you have won some items, not everything is being rejected.

I wish I had a better answer, but every sniping service is experiencing issues like this. eBay does not adhere to any standard set of rules so the best we can do is react each time they change something. Snipes are going through without issue - you just happened to get a double helping of bad luck.

John

Posted Jul 03 2009 03:43 pm by Gu***st

The error messages reported by eBay don't always make sense, so we have to do a lot of investigating to come up with an answer. Here's some information that will help.

Item ........5343

eBay returned "Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details."

I discovered the seller has a DSR of 4.7 for item description. eBay considers 4.7 a failing grade and is looking for an additional confirmation before placing the bid.

Item ........2471

eBay returned same message as above

This time the seller did not have have any low DSR ratings, but eBay still requested an additional confirmation. The topic I referenced above has more information on these types of errors.

I checked a couple of other items and could not find a specific reason for a bid failure. The snipes were placed but were not accepted by eBay. I can't find any indication that eBay is rejecting your bids because of an account issue, and you have won some items, not everything is being rejected.

I wish I had a better answer, but every sniping service is experiencing issues like this. eBay does not adhere to any standard set of rules so the best we can do is react each time they change something. Snipes are going through without issue - you just happened to get a double helping of bad luck.

John

Weird!

I've been sniping with you guys for a long time,seems all the items missed are in the same category,and I wonder why.

I think this confirmation step is Ebay's way to shut us out,since regular bidding brings the prices up,thus making more revenue for them.

Posted Jul 03 2009 04:36 pm by Gu***st

Gia,

Aha! If it is happening all in the same category, most likely it is throwing up a disclaimer page that we are not checking for yet. That's got to be it, so I am putting in a software change request as the result of your email.

John

Posted Jul 07 2009 11:05 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map