BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Missed bids

Posted: Jul 14 2009 01:38 AM

I have now had quite a few missed bids which do not have any explanation and are very frustrating as I have missed out on items I collect

What is going on?

Posted Jul 14 2009 01:38 am by Gu***st

I checked the log files and a snipe was placed on all three items mentioned. I will need to do some further investigating to find the reason that eBay did not accept the bid. I did notice that all 3 items originated from the UK. We will have to do some testing to see if there have been any changes to the way eBay handles UK items.

I will let you know what I find.

John

Posted Jul 14 2009 09:11 am by Gu***st

I am broken hearted that I just missed a fantastic deal on a very rare item, 250462054998. Can you look at this and let me know what happened? I want to be sure my other slams waitng to go down will not had any problems.

Thanks

Posted Jul 17 2009 11:57 am by Gu***st

123ehrenstrom,

I checked the log files and this miss was a case of eBay lag. The snipe was placed, but we didn't get a response back from eBay for 20 seconds - normal response time is 2 to 4 seconds. While eBay is normally very good at responding to bids in the last seconds of an auction, we do get an occasional miss due to lag.

I'm sorry to hear you missed out on something you really wanted. Unfortunately, lag is something that can't be fixed. We do try to adjust bid times when we see long periods of lag. It does not happen frequently, but is a frustration to us as well.

Posted Jul 17 2009 09:28 pm by Gu***st

I checked the log files and a snipe was placed on all three items mentioned. I will need to do some further investigating to find the reason that eBay did not accept the bid. I did notice that all 3 items originated from the UK. We will have to do some testing to see if there have been any changes to the way eBay handles UK items.

I will let you know what I find.

John

Hi, I just missed another one -

thanks

:(

Posted Jul 18 2009 10:22 am by Gu***st

This category lets the buyer use strict verification. See photo.

We used to confirm these automatically, but you don't always want to agree to the terms posted. In this case, I think you would agree to the seller's posted terms. But not always. We can't be responsible to agree arbitrarily to any warning. For your items it just seems to be in this one category though.

Posted Jul 18 2009 10:44 am by Gu***st

Why didn't bid slammer place a bid on two items that I had placed a snipe on yesterday? They are item no's. 270432181095 and 260449750171. There were no bids placed on either of these items so I would have had no trouble winning them. I it very frustrating when bids sren't placed and items are lost. Jo Jackson

Posted Jul 26 2009 08:49 am by Gu***st

I need to appologize as I wrote to you in error. Bid Slammer did not miss bidding for me. One item ended early and the other is jsut now ending. I will pay more attention in the furture. I am very sorry. Jo Jackson

Posted Jul 26 2009 12:09 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

Thanks for the follow-up. No worries. Sniping is the easy part, the hard part is making sure we can report all the reasons for a loss correctly. Changes all the time. :-)

Posted Jul 27 2009 03:21 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map