BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

potential security compromise

Posted: Aug 02 2009 04:34 PM

My e-bay account has been comprimised 3 times in the last two weeks. This is the only other place that my e-bay password is kept. I'm concerned that my bidslammer account is being compromised as well. Please advise.

Posted Aug 02 2009 04:34 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

Thanks for asking, this is a common message that power buyers receive from eBay when they make purchases from many IP addresses.

So if you log in from home, and the library, and your cell phone, and also use a snipe service, you are likely to receive a message from eBay saying "Your account may be at risk, and therefore we are making you change your password."

In short, it is definitely [i]not[/i] a BidSlammer problem and almost certainly not an actual breach. Just eBay doing their job. All you have to do is minimize places where you make purchases and/or stop using that other snipe service you are using :lol:

Jay

Posted Aug 02 2009 07:51 pm by Gu***st

Honda,

One more thing. Our service is very secure (the whole site runs in https), but we did do a security check on your account. It has only been accessed by one ip address (the same one you used to post this topic). That means you are the only person to log in or use your BidSlammer account.

Posted Aug 02 2009 08:12 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map