BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Problem since format change

Posted: Aug 19 2009 08:01 AM

Since the format change, I've noticed that the number of bids, high bidder and seller on an item that I'm sniping are no longer shown on My Snipe Page. The headings are there. but nothing is listed under high bidder or seller. The number of bids is always zero, but when I click on the link to the auction I can see that some bids have been placed, for example 3. The snipe still seems to work, but it would be nice to be able to see the other categories as well.

:o

Posted Aug 19 2009 08:01 am by Gu***st

laurel_k,

Some time ago eBay starting hiding the identity of bidders. Bidder information now looks something like "a***l", so that information is of little value. We should probably just remove that field. You can update your snipe information by clicking on "Refresh Table".

Posted Aug 19 2009 09:26 am by Gu***st

Since the format change, I've noticed that the number of bids, high bidder and seller on an item that I'm sniping are no longer shown on My Snipe Page.  The headings are there. but nothing is listed under high bidder or seller.  The number of bids is always zero, but when I click on the link to the auction I can see that some bids have been placed, for example 3.  The snipe still seems to work, but it would be nice to be able to see the other categories as well.

I understand about the bidder's id, but why is the number of bids always zero, even when I refresh, but if I look at the auction there are bids. On the snipe I presently have, there are 4 bids.

Posted Aug 19 2009 11:36 am by Gu***st

Sounds like a bug - we'll look into it. Oddly enough, you are the first one to report the problem. I have placed a number of snipes myself lately, but that information is not important to me so I didn't even notice it. Thanks for the tip.

Posted Aug 19 2009 09:28 pm by Gu***st

Since the format change, I've noticed that the number of bids, high bidder and seller on an item that I'm sniping are no longer shown on My Snipe Page.  The headings are there. but nothing is listed under high bidder or seller.  The number of bids is always zero, but when I click on the link to the auction I can see that some bids have been placed, for example 3.  The snipe still seems to work, but it would be nice to be able to see the other categories as well.

I really don/t know how to work this with bidslammer. It is definately not user friendly. I cannot add snipes. My icon is giving me messages that there is a problem. I don't know how to get hold of the bidslammer customer service directly. I just keep going in circles to try to find help. Problem is going on 5 days. I got in about 5 min. 2 days ago, but since then nothing. I can go directly into my bidslammer home page and enter the bid information and press snipe---I go right back to the home page. I need some to help me. Kay

Posted Nov 16 2009 10:19 am by Gu***st

Kay,

There was was an issue with adding snipes a few days ago, but that has been resolved. I have tested and can't recreate the problem you are experiencing so I need some additional information.

1. What operating system are you using? (win xp, mac, vista, etc)

2. What web browser and version are you using?

3. Do you receive any error message or other unusual result that might help us track down the trouble?

Note: You can find your browsers version number by clicking on help / about at the top of the browser window. You might also try to clear your web browsers cache and cookies just to eliminate the possibility of a bad cookie.

Posted Nov 16 2009 06:39 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map