BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

The snipe page shows no bidders but there are 9 of them

Posted: Aug 28 2009 07:19 PM

I often see the situation where I have set up a snipe and the info on the snipe page shows 0 bidders and no bidder info yet the actual ebay item has many bidders on it. It can be like this for days with the actual ebay info changing with new bids and the sniple page showing nothing. Why is that?? I've tried updating and refreshing but neither makes the info update to the correct info.

Posted Aug 28 2009 07:19 pm by Gu***st

jimntempe,

It's a bug. eBay has likely made a change that is preventing that data from showing correctly. We'll get it fixed.

John

Posted Aug 28 2009 09:36 pm by Gu***st

jimntempe,

It's a bug. eBay has likely made a change that is preventing that data from showing correctly. We'll get it fixed.

John

Do you feel ebay does these things on purpose to make like more difficult for third party folks?

Posted Aug 28 2009 10:58 pm by Gu***st

That question comes up a lot. Here is a line straight from the eBay help pages:

Sniping is part of the eBay experience, and all bids placed before a listing ends are valid, even if they're placed one second before the listing ends.

Sniping is not a violation of any eBay policy, but they also do not actively support it. Sniping services are not allowed to use eBay's API, which allows programmers to easily interact with the eBay web site. That means we all have to write our own software and react to changes after the fact.

I don't believe that eBay spends much time actively trying to thwart sniping services. For the most part they leave us alone, but that also means we have to figure things out for ourselves when changes occur.

Posted Aug 29 2009 10:11 am by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map