BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Won all 3 items in a group!?

Posted: Oct 19 2009 08:12 PM

So what happened here? I've got 3 items in a group, ending 15 min to hours apart, and I won all of them, although the icons suggest I did not win.

290360606672 330369097536 380168832282 They are all the exact item from the same seller. I thought the 'group' would only allow me to win one item. Can they somehow be incorrectly grouped?

Posted Oct 19 2009 08:12 pm by Gu***st

Erik,

We will investigate those item numbers and let you know what we find.

Posted Oct 19 2009 10:34 pm by Gu***st

Erik,

We will investigate those item numbers and let you know what we find.

Posted Nov 16 2009 08:40 pm by Gu***st

So I think I'm about to quit Bidslammer. This is not good customer service; we're coming up on a month with the mystery of why Bidslammer bought ALL the items on a list rather than one.

If anyone knows how to contact Bidslammer, or what to do, let me know. Thanks.

Posted Nov 16 2009 08:45 pm by Gu***st

Erik,

Sorry, I honestly thought that this post had been answered a long time ago. I don't remember the circumstances but I will go back and look at those item numbers. Look for a response later today.

Posted Nov 17 2009 08:40 am by Gu***st

Erik,

Bid groups work by placing the bid on the first item in the group, checking the win status, and bidding on another item in the group or cancelling remaining group items. The key is checking the win status. We parse the auction result page to determine the winner, and generally that works very well. Sometimes eBay makes a change in the result page that forces us to modify our code. That's what happened in this case. eBay made a change that was substantial enough that our system missed on the win status check.

We have safeguards in place that almost always protect bid groups anyway. We haven't had this situation come up in years. As soon as we were aware of the problem we disabled bid groups until we were sure everything would work with the new code.

Sellers are usually pretty forgiving in cases like this If the seller is made aware of the fact that a sniping service made the mistake. In this case all 3 items were from the same seller, which should help in understanding that you were only looking for one item. Again, I apologize for the late reply. I thought this ticket had been answered long ago.

Posted Nov 17 2009 11:36 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map