BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

2 consecutive missed snipes

Posted: Nov 10 2009 03:00 AM

I am in Victoria Australia, I have missed two consecutive items one on ebay USA the other on ebay Australia. On both occassions no snipe has been placed. Both my bods were well above the winning bids. A certificate error is also comming up indicating that parts of the site may be insecure. What is going on?

Posted Nov 10 2009 03:00 am by Gu***st

I had the exact same situation and have the same security concerns

What's up?

Posted Nov 10 2009 04:42 am by Gu***st

Don't worry about the security certificate. It is because we moved to a different IP address, you just have to click ACCEPT. You can also VIEW the certificate to make sure it is for one of the bidslammer.com subdomains.

On the snipes I will check. I know moving the machines it takes time for the DNS (directory) to update, usually about 24 hours, but it should not affect snipes.

Posted Nov 10 2009 11:47 am by Gu***st

I set a snipe for Ebay item #120488386899 in the amount of $44. It subsequently sold for $15. I checked, and the seller didn't end the auction early. The snipe shows up on my Bidslammer summary page as $44 with the sole other bid the winning $15 bid. What's up?

Posted Nov 11 2009 12:52 pm by Gu***st

Bob,

We did a database upgrade as part of an overall upgrade to increase our server capacity. There was an unexpected short lapse in service during the switch. The problem has been resolved and snipes are executing properly.

The security warning is also due to our upgrade. As our entire site runs in secure mode (HTTPS), any change in our server configuration will throw up a warning in your browser. A change in our ip address caused that warning. That has also been resolved - you shouldn't see that warning again.

Posted Nov 12 2009 10:31 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map