BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

BidSlammer's First Snipe

Posted: Nov 25 2009 01:50 PM

This item is one of my collector favorites because it is the first item ever sniped with BidSlammer back in 1999. It really helped bring to light the value of sniping.

The long-anticipated Star Wars movie had just come out, episode one, and I stumbled on the magazine shown below by accident. When I am testing items I always enter "Star Wars" as many low-dollar items always come up. Anyway, the image shown below popped up, and was going for like $50. Now I am not a Star Wars freak or anything, nor had I any idea who any of the stars were (I knew Natalie Portman was in The Professional or whatever). And at the time Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor were still pretty much unknown...

12 people were low-balling it, and it was a reputable seller with an authentication certificate. I needed to test this program so I figured, what the heck, and tested a bid on it like $200, and the other bidders didn't know what hit them. I got it for like $125.

This is a cooler item today than it was back then, since the actors are more well-known. I was also sad to notice the feature article on the cover with Liam and his wife and kids, as his wife died last year.

As far as the kid, Jake Lloyd, I found [url="http://www.scifitv.com.au/Blog/2009/07/jake-lloyd-exclusive-ten-years-after-ep-one/"]this pretty cool interview on CNN[/url].

Anyway here is a picture of the item.

Posted Nov 25 2009 01:50 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map