BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Bid slammer not working

Posted: Dec 08 2009 05:47 PM

Have plenty of funds so no problem there. Bidslammer shows snipe set yet although my bid was £5 and in 1 case £10 more the snipe did not work and I lost the items. No faith in bidslammer at the moment. Help!

Posted Dec 08 2009 05:47 pm by Gu***st

I checked a couple of your recent items and eBay is not accepting your login information. If you have changed your eBay user id or password recently you must update that information on your BidSlammer preferences page. Also, make sure you are not using a Paypal security key. Sniping will not work with the security key turned on.

Posted Dec 08 2009 09:40 pm by Gu***st

Have plenty of funds so no problem there. Bidslammer shows snipe set yet although my bid was £5 and in 1 case £10 more the snipe did not work and I lost the items. No faith in bidslammer at the moment. Help!

No limitation or problem with pAYPAL AND i HAVE CHECKED ALL PASSWORDS ARE UP TO DATE SO WHERE DO i GO FROM HERE?

Posted Dec 09 2009 05:45 pm by Gu***st

I suspect a Paypal security key is set, although I can't be certain as the eBay response message is not very informative. Login in to your Paypal account and check under profile for security key settings. Make sure it is turned off- sniping will not work if it is on.

Also, try to place a bid manually - make sure and use the same eBay account you use for sniping. If you see an additional pop up box then we know the security key is a problem. I did some further checking on your account and eBay is rejecting your login info even when you bid too low. The snipes are being placed, but not accepted.

Posted Dec 09 2009 08:49 pm by Gu***st

I suspect a Paypal security key is set, although I can't be certain as the eBay response message is not very informative. Login in to your Paypal account and check under profile for security key settings. Make sure it is turned off- sniping will not work if it is on.

Also, try to place a bid manually - make sure and use the same eBay account you use for sniping. If you see an additional pop up box then we know the security key is a problem. I did some further checking on your account and eBay is rejecting your login info even when you bid too low. The snipes are being placed, but not accepted.

Posted Dec 11 2009 11:13 pm by Gu***st

Bid slammer didn't work for me this time. I don't understand why earlier it worked fine. I lost an item I realy wanted not because I was outbid, but because bidslammer never placed a bid. I check the little face said ready but never placed the bid.

There is another item I want but I'm not sure if I should trust bidslammer to bid on it for me.

Is there a way to find out what happened that bidslammer didn't place the bid ?

Posted Dec 11 2009 11:18 pm by Gu***st

Is there a way to find out what happened...

We will be happy to look it up for you if you post the item number.

Posted Dec 12 2009 12:23 am by Gu***st

We will be happy to look it up for you if you post the item number.

The item number was #290377779035

Posted Dec 15 2009 09:06 pm by Gu***st

nan18201,

I'm sorry that I can't be of more help on that item. The system was running fine and bids around that item were placed. Normally our log files would tell the story, but were not of any help this time. I did research it thoroughly, but did not come up with an answer. We don't see a result like this often, and it is frustrating for both you and us not to have a clear answer.

Posted Dec 16 2009 09:36 pm by Gu***st

Thanks for looking into it for me. Bidslammer has been working fine for me since then. It must have been those darn Gremlins. lol

Posted Dec 16 2009 10:15 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2021. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Community | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map