BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Grouping cost me

Posted: Jan 05 2010 04:12 PM

Been a member of Bidslammer for a couple of years, read the directions originally and did not know/remember this 3 minute rule on grouping. I just bought 8 of the same items. I am screwed out of the money, unless I want to ruin years of perfect Ebay ratings. So much for the "software" that prevents building groups like that. On the bright side, at least I was not buying cars. Maybe the seller will meet me half way.

Posted Jan 05 2010 04:12 pm by Gu***st

Seller agreed to 1/2 the order, 4 instead of 8. That helps.

Posted Jan 05 2010 05:24 pm by Gu***st

Aramfan2,

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I know that you are aware of this now, but for others that may read this post, bids on items placed in groups must end at least 3 minutes apart. details on group bidding can be found on our help page [url="http://bidslammer.com/help/bid_groups.php"]here[/url].

Our software does try to prevent customers from grouping items too close together. In this case, the ending time between the first and last item was less than 3 minutes - all items were less than a minute apart. I will request a review of our software and see if there is something more we can do to prevent this from happening in the future.

If it would help, I would be willing to write the seller and explain the circumstances from our end. Sellers are generally willing to make exceptions when they know it was an honest mistake. I am also crediting your account for the BidSlammers fees on 7 of the 8 items.

Posted Jan 05 2010 08:17 pm by Gu***st

@Aramfan: You are being awfully pleasant considering the frustration you must have experienced. I know our software is supposed to check and not even allow you to add items in close proximity. I am going to check on these circumstances as I feel partly to blame. However, do not fret.

In 10 years we always advised people as follows, and it always worked out for them. Generally if you tell them the truth, that you used a sniping service that just didn't work exactly the way you had hoped, they let you off the hook.

How much money did you spend on the extra items? Please open a helpdesk ticket and I will mail you some promotional materials for starters and pick up some of the tab.

Posted Jan 05 2010 08:31 pm by Gu***st

@Aramfan: You are being awfully pleasant considering the frustration you must have experienced. I know our software is supposed to check and not even allow you to add items in close proximity. I am going to check on these circumstances as I feel partly to blame. However, do not fret.

In 10 years we always advised people as follows, and it always worked out for them. Generally if you tell them the truth, that you used a sniping service that just didn't work exactly the way you had hoped, they let you off the hook.

How much money did you spend on the extra items? Please open a helpdesk ticket and I will mail you some promotional materials for starters and pick up some of the tab.

The seller offered to do what ever I wanted, I did not want to cheat him out of all the sales, beleive strongly in the Ebay community and said I would meet him in the middle and purchase 4 of the eight. It is green coffee beans and they will keep until I use them up. As I said, glad it wasn't cars! One was $28.70, the four were $118.31, so no great loss. Hope they make good coffee!

Posted Jan 06 2010 06:42 pm by Gu***st

I was asking b/c I was going to offer to take some of it off your hands - I like coffee. I'm not kidding actually. Well, either way I'll add some free coffee beans to your account. PM me for further arrangements if you want.

Posted Jan 06 2010 11:05 pm by Gu***st

I was asking b/c I was going to offer to take some of it off your hands - I like coffee. I'm not kidding actually. Well, either way I'll add some free coffee beans to your account. PM me for further arrangements if you want.

No need, all is well. Green beans keep, the only down side would be the quality of the beans. I have a home made roaster that I can control completely and am sure I can roast them to make a good cup of coffee. I had some 2 year old Kenyan coffee that roasted perfect and made a great cup. Might take a couple of trys to get the right roast, but with 40 pounds,...not going to run out till next christmass!

Posted Jan 07 2010 12:17 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map