BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Bidslammer says I won - eBay says not

Posted: Jan 30 2010 12:16 PM

Item number 320478294216

Bidslammer says I won and I should have - eBay does not reflect this

Posted Jan 30 2010 12:16 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

I checked our log files on this item and found something unusual. When the snipe was placed, eBay responded with "500 Status read failed: Connection reset by peer". A 500 error means there is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. Basically, the Web server (eBay) encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request by the client (BidSlammer).

Since that is not a common response, our parser couldn't figure out that error message and thought the bid was placed and marked you as the winner. I will credit your account for that snipe.

Posted Jan 30 2010 01:22 pm by Gu***st

I just had the same thing happen. Bidslammer says I won the bid, but Ebay doesn't.

Posted Jan 30 2010 05:54 pm by Gu***st

Ron,

Please post an item number - I will check the log files.

Posted Jan 30 2010 08:17 pm by Gu***st

I just lost an item where I had a high bid but Bidslammer put the bid in on the last second and I guess ebay didn't accept it. I think there's a glitch in the system.

Posted Feb 01 2010 08:26 pm by Gu***st

I just lost an item where I had a high bid but Bidslammer put the bid in on the last second and I guess ebay didn't accept it. I think there's a glitch in the system.

If you are referring to item #360228684236, you did not meet eBay's minimum bid increment. If that is not the correct item, please post an item number and I will look it up.

Posted Feb 01 2010 09:09 pm by Gu***st

Me too. Didn't win but bidslammer says i did.

Thanks

Posted Feb 09 2010 04:20 pm by Gu***st

Guest_O,

hmmm....our log file shows the bid as being changed after the auction closed. It looks like we need to make a fix to prevent a bid from being changed in that way. In any event, I credited your account for that snipe.

Posted Feb 09 2010 11:34 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2021. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Community | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map