BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

snipe still set but auction is over

Posted: Feb 25 2010 07:02 PM

I just checked on a snipe I set...the icon shows the snipe set, but the auction (#130368363997) has been over for an hour. Needless to say, I didn't "win" despite having set the snipe for more than the winning bid. What happened?

Posted Feb 25 2010 07:02 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

We had a technical issue earlier today that affected a few dozen snipes. The problem has been resolved and snipes are showing correctly now.

Posted Feb 25 2010 08:36 pm by Gu***st

A few dozen??? I guess I was one of the few dozen. I am extremely unhappy with bidslammer. I paid the $25 TODAY just to make sure I would be able to bid on an item and the bid was not even placed.

Posted Feb 25 2010 09:22 pm by Gu***st

He did not say the snipe missed. It did not miss. Zero snipes missed. No other complains on the board. It was simply showing the wrong icon on the page.

Posted Feb 25 2010 09:41 pm by Gu***st

He did not say the snipe missed. It did not miss. Zero snipes missed. No other complains on the board. It was simply showing the wrong icon on the page.

Check the support forum, same thing happened to me.

Posted Feb 25 2010 10:05 pm by Gu***st

I did .. the posts referred to snipes showing as being "set". :) I didn't actually see any snipes that missed.

Posted Feb 25 2010 10:51 pm by Gu***st

I did .. the posts referred to snipes showing as being "set". :) I didn't actually see any snipes that missed.

Your Absolutely correct, no snipes missed. The problem is terminology. :blink: My view is "Snipe set" means bidslammer knows about your snipe and is going to act when the time comes. "Ready" is the actual state of your snipe on your home page. I'm assuming here (and you know what that means) that ready indicates bidslammer has the snipe and is waiting for the last 10 seconds of the auction.

KMM1717 said
I just checked on a snipe I set...the icon shows the snipe set, but the auction (#130368363997) has been over for an hour. Needless to say, I didn't "win" despite having set the snipe for more than the winning bid. What happened?
again I'm assuming "snipe set" means it's showing as ready. But the auction was over. Almost like bidslammer lost track of the time. Todd Smith all said the bid was not submitted. Again not a missed snipe. A Missing snipe.

Sorry to be such a pain. I work in a support role also and understand how difficult it is decyfering everyones updates.

I guess there was really 2 problems and hopefully they both got fixed.

1) Snipe shows set after the auction is over. JohnSlammer seems to say that has been resolved and they show correctly now. This is really the least of anyone worries. It just the first symptom anyone sees to report.

2) Big problem, Snipe is never sent to Ebay. Customer loses because he never placed a bid. Hopefully this is the one know about and fixed.

Thanks Bob

Posted Feb 26 2010 06:54 am by Gu***st

OK, WHAT IS GOING ON WITH BIDSLAMMER. IT KEEPS GETTING WORSE, AND WORSE, NOT BETTER! WHAT IS UP! FIVE DAYS AGO, TWO BIDS IN, NEITHER PLACED, WOULD HAVE WON AT LEAST ONE AND POSSIBLY BOTH, #'S 160406109676, AND 160406110801. IT STATED BIDS PLACED BUT DID NOT GO THROUGH FOR SOME REASON, WHY? TONIGHT ABOUT ONE HOUR AGO, TWO BIDS PLACED WITH SAME SELLER. FIRST BID WON, BUT STATED ON BIDSLAMMER, DID NOT WIN #230442109765. SECOND BID NOT PLACED, WOULD DEFINITELY HAD WON, #230442109911. WHAT IS UP WITH BIDSLAMMER? IT IS SO UNPREDICTABLE THESE DAYS, WHY? AlSO, WHEN I GO TO SIGN IN, IT KEEPS TELLING ME THAT MAYBE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THIS SITE? COME ON WHEN IS BIDSLAMMER GOING TO OWN UP TO MAJOR PROBLEMS? DON'T KEEP SAYING TO THE BIDDER THAT YOU MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG, WHEN CLEARLY BIDSLAMMER NEEDS A GOOD OVERHAUL.

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED!

Posted Mar 03 2010 06:40 pm by Gu***st

IT STATED BIDS PLACED BUT DID NOT GO THROUGH FOR SOME REASON, WHY? 

Bids were placed - a announcement was made in the forums and on your home page. The status did not update correctly for a short period of time and was fixed.

WHEN I GO TO SIGN IN, IT KEEPS TELLING ME THAT MAYBE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THIS SITE?

That is not a message that we have ever posted, and is not how we communicate with our customers. I checked your login and could not find any problem. If you are having a problem with your login, please be specific about the issue and we would be glad to help.

DON'T KEEP SAYING TO THE BIDDER THAT YOU MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG

We don't say that either. Each time an item is reported to us, we investigate and reply with the response message from eBay that is recorded in our log files. In the case of item #230442109911:

15:20:42 (snipe placed)

15:20:51 (auction ended)

15:21:00 (response from eBay - auction ended)

That was a case of lag, and is discussed in several places here on our forum and on our help pages.

Posted Mar 03 2010 07:21 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map