BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Why does an ended auction show ready on bidslammer?

Posted: Feb 25 2010 07:09 PM

I placed a snipe for item 130368372953. My home page shows the snipe as ready but the Auction ended an hour ago. Ebay doesn't show a bid. What happened to my snipe?

Thanks

Posted Feb 25 2010 07:09 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

We had a technical issue earlier today that caused a few dozen snipes to show incorrectly. No missed snipes during this time. The problem has been fixed, but we will continue to monitor things this evening just to be certain.

Posted Feb 25 2010 08:34 pm by Gu***st

Hi to who it may concern,its me SPARKS4550 again,I just wanted to add my situation was the EXACT SAME as BOBS was,I mean the exact!I placed a bid it said ready and the auction came and went and so did my lost auction that I would have won EASY I bid OVER 3X the winning bid and I am still disappointed about it.What is Bidslammers going to do for me now.As I said already I will never trust this program EVER AGAIN.BIDSLAMMERS HAS LOST SEVERAL OF MY AUCTIONS and I have only been a member a few weeks. BIDSLAMMERS TRACK RECORD IS CRAP!!!I wish that BIDSLAMMERS WOULD CONTACT ME.

HOW DO I GET IN CONTACT WIT BIDSLAMMERS TO FILE A GRIEVENCE REPORT I WANT COMPINSATION!!!

LIKE I SAID I SHOULD HAVE PLACED MY OWN BIDS..IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT

DO IT YOUSELF DONT TRUST BIDSLAMMERS UNLESS

YOU LIKE LOOSING!!!!!!!

I DO NOT!!

Posted Feb 25 2010 10:58 pm by Gu***st

@sparks4550:

That is not correct. I am looking at your account and you have not missed any snipes at all. And if you refer to 160404069964, we did place that bid.

I'm sorry you missed this snipe, however.

I deleted the post with the cursing and such, that is not tolerated here -- see our conduct policy in the user agreement for details.

Posted Feb 25 2010 11:09 pm by Gu***st

Further investigation confirms we DID NOT MISS any snipes.

As I explained, we did not correctly update the status of the item. Therefore I cannot determine the reason it missed, like I have been able to on all the other posts. That's the key to our software, it reports the reason for the misses so you don't have to inquire.

See the blog article for details:

Bullet-Proof Your Snipe Account! « BidSlammer: Our Blog

Also you would see a long list of complaints if we did miss snipes for that long a period.

Posted Feb 26 2010 04:08 am by Gu***st

Further investigation confirms we DID NOT MISS any snipes.

As I explained, we did not correctly update the status of the item. Therefore I cannot determine the reason it missed, like I have been able to on all the other posts. That's the key to our software, it reports the reason for the misses so you don't have to inquire.

See the blog article for details:

Bullet-Proof Your Snipe Account! « BidSlammer: Our Blog

Also you would see a long list of complaints if we did miss snipes for that long a period.

What does it mean to "miss a snipe". Does that mean forget to place it? The error on my home page is

Bid not placed due to unknown error, BidSlammer staff has been alerted to this miss. We apologize for any inconvenience.

This looks like a miss to me.

Thanks Bob

Posted Feb 26 2010 09:05 am by Gu***st

Bob,

When we use the term miss, we are referring to a snipe that was placed by our system, but not accepted by eBay. There are a variety of reasons that can happen. We have a good blog article on the topic at Bullet-Proof Your Snipe Account! « BidSlammer: Our Blog .

Posted Feb 26 2010 12:48 pm by Gu***st

Here is the announcement from bidslammer.

Feb 26 Mis-reported snipes

Some snipe from yesterday show as still set. Rest assured no snipes were missed, we made a change to the database and some snipes simply did not show the correct status. The site is functioning normally.

If no snipes were missed can you tell me why I didn't win Item 130368372953

Thanks Bob

Posted Feb 26 2010 04:24 pm by Gu***st

Bob,

Under most circumstances the answer would be yes. We parse eBay's response pages for error messages and include those messages on your home page. For anything that our parser doesn't catch (there are many different messages and they change frequently), we can manually check for additional information. Unfortunately, our software did not correctly update the status of the item, so I don't have that information available to me.

Posted Feb 27 2010 01:34 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2021. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Community | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map