BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Snipe placed but status could not be confirmed

Posted: Mar 20 2010 11:52 PM

Hi, pls check out my last three snipes. They all say that they were placed but the outcome could not be determined. They were howeer not placed as I would have won all three auctions, but I did and eBay shows that no bid in my name was placed. I would have wanted those items a lot as they are very rare.

Please, please check your system and fix the error!! I have a few more very important auctions coming up and don't want to miss them. It would seem that I am not the only customer with this problem recently as the forum shows. Please, please fix it!

Last but not least, even though your records might not show it (see the other customer) I'm also quite certain that I was charged for the snipes. Please correct this also.

Thank you

Peter

(my username is ppl4world)

Posted Mar 20 2010 11:52 pm by Gu***st

Hi, pls check out my last three snipes. They all say that they were placed but the outcome could not be determined. They were howeer not placed as I would have won all three auctions, but I did and eBay shows that no bid in my name was placed. I would have wanted those items a lot as they are very rare.

Please, please check your system and fix the error!! I have a few more very important auctions coming up and don't want to miss them. It would seem that I am not the only customer with this problem recently as the forum shows. Please, please fix it!

Last but not least, even though your records might not show it (see the other customer) I'm also quite certain that I was charged for the snipes. Please correct this also.

Thank you

Peter

(my username is ppl4world)

here is the eBay number for the first of the three missed items

(I'm on the road and only have iPhone for Internet access...)

Posted Mar 20 2010 11:57 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

Actually, there a many reasons a bid would not show up in the bid history. After a bid is placed, it has to be accepted by eBay to show up in the bid history. For example, if a bid does not meet eBay's bid increment, it will never show up in the history - that's just one example. That is confusing for many people as they assume a bid will always show up if it is placed, but that's not the case. There is a good blog article on the topic [url="http://blog.bidslammer.com/newsletters/bullet-proof-your-snipe-account/"]here[/url].

The message you received happens when we do not get a response back from eBay, or the system does understand the response message that was returned. We always want to look at those situations, but it this case we didn't get a response back so it doesn't help solve the mystery. For some reason the bids were not accepted but we can't determine the reason if a response doesn't come back.

I checked your account records as well as all charges during that time period. You were not charged for those snipes.

Posted Mar 21 2010 12:26 pm by Gu***st

Thanks John for your answer - I was out so could not check it. I checked the auctions and my bids where much higher than the winning bid so a 'too small increment' can not be the reason. Thw winning bid on HP 41 Optometry I manual Hewlett Packard 41C 41CV - ebay item #160412286578 was 28 USD and my snipe was 76 USD. So it is still unclear to me what happened. Also, I'm quite worried as it keeps on happening - look at snipe for ebay item number ebay item #220570376379 on or around March 22 for user ppl4world. Same msg -

Snipe placed, but we could not determine win status. If problem continues please contact customer service asap.

Can you pls be so kind to take another look? I've been relying on bidslammer for so many years for my ebay bidding and don't even know how to bid normally anymore :-) But missing a few really good items was very sad. Thanks! Peter

Hello,

Actually, there a many reasons a bid would not show up in the bid history. After a bid is placed, it has to be accepted by eBay to show up in the bid history. For example, if a bid does not meet eBay's bid increment, it will never show up in the history - that's just one example. That is confusing for many people as they assume a bid will always show up if it is placed, but that's not the case. There is a good blog article on the topic [url="http://blog.bidslammer.com/newsletters/bullet-proof-your-snipe-account/"]here[/url].

The message you received happens when we do not get a response back from eBay, or the system does understand the response message that was returned. We always want to look at those situations, but it this case we didn't get a response back so it doesn't help solve the mystery. For some reason the bids were not accepted but we can't determine the reason if a response doesn't come back.

I checked your account records as well as all charges during that time period. You were not charged for those snipes.

Posted Apr 01 2010 10:35 am by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map