BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Snipe not placed - incorrectly!

Posted: Apr 13 2010 02:59 PM

Hi, pls check auction ebay item #280486970683. it says

ebay item #280486970683

'You missed the minimum bid increment. A bid of 33.87 was needed to win. '

But my snipe was 71.99 $

Every single one of my last 10 snipes has not been executed. Can you pls check what is going on?

Thanks!

Peter

Posted Apr 13 2010 02:59 pm by Gu***st

Hi, in general there is only one explanation for that. Go to Preferences and update your eBay password to make sure it is correct. If you still have trouble after that, definitely let us know ASAP. :)

Posted Apr 13 2010 06:46 pm by Gu***st

updated the password but I have not changed my ebay password for years. So I VERY much doubt that this is the reason. I guess we'll know for sure with the next auction...

Hi, in general there is only one explanation for that. Go to Preferences and update your eBay password to make sure it is correct. If you still have trouble after that, definitely let us know ASAP. :)

Posted Apr 14 2010 09:19 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

I think I discovered what the trouble is. Snipes are being executed correctly, but sometimes the response message from eBay doesn't make sense. The following is eBay's response when we placed the snipe for item #280486970683:

Hello ppl4world! (Not you?)

The following must be corrected before continuing:

To enter a higher maximum bid, please enter more than US $71.99.

Item you're bidding on:

HP IL and Video manuals

Current bid:

US $32.87

Your maximum bid:

US $71.99

That is the normal message eBay would return when the bid increment was not met. The words "The following must be corrected before continuing:" are the giveaway - that means the bid was not accepted. In this case, I suspect your bid was accepted anyway as the increment was met. Can you confirm this?

Posted Apr 15 2010 09:29 am by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map