BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Import not importing

Posted: Apr 26 2010 03:55 PM

I added some items to my watch list yesterday, but when I try to import them, Bidslammer says

No new items were added. Any Current auctions in your eBay Watch List are already in your Watch List. 

I had to log out, delete all bidslammer-related cookies from my browser, log back in, and then import them in order to get them to work. I should not have to do this just to get your web site to work correctly...

Posted Apr 26 2010 03:55 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

There are limits on how much we can "ping" eBay. So, we set a cookie set on your computer that ensures that you only refresh once per every 30 minutes. If you are clicking the refresh table, and the page loads immediately, that simply means that the cookie has not timed out yet.

We should add a message and inform the customer when the timeout is over.

Posted Apr 26 2010 06:12 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

There are limits on how much we can "ping" eBay. So, we set a cookie set on your computer that ensures that you only refresh once per every 30 minutes. If you are clicking the refresh table, and the page loads immediately, that simply means that the cookie has not timed out yet.

We should add a message and inform the customer when the timeout is over.

I am not clicking the "refresh table" button. I am trying to [i]import[/i] new items by clicking "import" toward the top of the screen, not refresh the list. I added some new items to my eBay list on Friday and imported them. I added some more on Saturday and tried to import them, but got the message in my first post. I did the same thing on Sunday and got the same message. Each time I had to log out, delete the cookies, and log in again so that it would import new items from my eBay list. I'm not importing things every 30 minutes.

Posted Apr 26 2010 08:47 pm by Gu***st

I mis-read your first post, sorry. In 10 years everyone always asks about refresh table. ;) Ok, I think the issue here is that it is only importing the items from the first page of your watch list.

If there is any way inside eBay to change the number of items on your watch list, that would definitely fix it. Otherwise (assuming I am correct) we would need a bit of time to add the programming code to fetch pages 2+.

Posted Apr 26 2010 10:43 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map