BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Another BIG ERROR

Posted: May 28 2010 11:39 AM

I placed my snipe for $1,395 for an item that I really wanted. I relied on BidSlammer to place the big - guess what - they didn't. Now I lost AGAIN. This is my last time to use the program. I'm tired of not winning items that I really wanted.

Posted May 28 2010 11:39 am by Gu***st

We definitely did place the bid on time. :P The seller changed the duration of this auction after you placed your snipe.

Our snipe time:

2010-05-28 06:27:30 - snipe placed

2010-05-28 06:27:34 - snipe finished, says auction is over

2010-05-28 06:27:47 - item ended

We did place the bid right when you asked. Our servers are operating at peak efficiency - no misses.

This is one of the things listed in our bulletproof guide as one of the reasons you can miss a snipe: There are over 25 ways that you will miss a snipe even after it is placed on time:

BidSlammer Help Center | Blog | Categories | Bulletproof-your-account

Please let us know if we can help further. :)

Posted May 28 2010 12:25 pm by Gu***st

We definitely did place the bid on time. :P The seller changed the duration of this auction after you placed your snipe.

Our snipe time:

2010-05-28 06:27:30 - snipe placed

2010-05-28 06:27:34 - snipe finished, says auction is over

2010-05-28 06:27:47 - item ended

We did place the bid right when you asked. Our servers are operating at peak efficiency - no misses.

This is one of the things listed in our bulletproof guide as one of the reasons you can miss a snipe: There are over 25 ways that you will miss a snipe even after it is placed on time:

Please let us know if we can help further. :)

Posted May 28 2010 12:58 pm by Gu***st

Then why didn't I win the auction. My bid was over $1000 and the winning big was only $679. I'm very confused. If you placed my bid then I should have won. I didn't.

Posted May 28 2010 12:59 pm by Gu***st

Because they changed the duration and the auction had already ended. :)

Posted May 28 2010 01:05 pm by Gu***st

I placed my snipe for $1,395 for an item that I really wanted. I relied on BidSlammer to place the big - guess what - they didn't. Now I lost AGAIN. This is my last time to use the program. I'm tired of not winning items that I really wanted.

The is the SECOND Tome I have lost. The item number is #330436433746 on Ebay. The sight or my snipe says that I WON the item. I didn't win the item.

I placed a snip eon something I really wanted 2 months ago and lost i also. I posted about it then

These snipes don;t work anymore

Posted May 28 2010 01:54 pm by Gu***st

Because they changed the duration and the auction had already ended. :)

How can they do that and why doesn't the program adjust? I've lost a lot of snipes in the last few months and it is getting frustrating. You show I won, eBay shows I lost. How can I win but not win and don't you work with eBay to prevent these things from happening?

Posted May 28 2010 02:21 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

First, we definitely appreciate the posts - this is what the forum is for!

In these 2 cases the seller ended the auction early. It's not a sniping issue really.

In my experience this happens only with items that are either extremely rare --OR-- an automobile. In either situation, a seller always monitors very carefully and then near the close of the auction, they'll renegotiate.

Quite often, with eBay Motors items - expensive items in the thousands - I will see: Huge reserves, item retractions as "defect found", and all sorts of inappropriate behavior. We get blamed in those situations when it is actually not really avoidable.

When I looked a the one account, sure enough -- it was a car, and the other one was a collectible or appeared to be somewhat rare.

This is one of the unfortunately trade-offs with sniping. We can and do adjust for several situations when we have advance notice, but eBay imposes a limit on how often we can "scrape" (i.e. crawl) their server.

I'm terribly sorry you didn't get the item you wanted, as I know this feeling. As far as I know, we are the only snipe service that actually attempts to report the exact error or actually write blog articles like below. As to WHY this shows as a win, we will investigate that, it is clearly an inconvenient bug.

Posted May 28 2010 03:40 pm by Gu***st

I reported your reply to ebay and this is the reply.

"I see. I am not entirely sure where they are getting their information, as only internally can we see the details of item removals, and again, items cannot be removed from the seller with less than 12 hours left. Only we can. As well, I can confirm with you these two items both ran their full duration. Could very well be that their process had a hiccup, but I am not sure. I tend to stay clear of sniping software for this reason, and mostly go with eBay Proxy bidding, which works similarly."

So you are saying it's not a snipe issue, but someone is wrong. So how are you checking to be able to say it ended early?

Posted May 28 2010 08:17 pm by Gu***st

ebay said:

> I am not entirely sure where they are getting their information, as only internally can we see the details of item removals

We perform periodic item fetches each time you refresh. Also a robot does it. (Notice that we show the bid history on the page.) Each time we do that it returns the ending time as one of the parameters along with bids and such.

Be cautious of using eBay customer service to discuss sniping. They always make a generic reference to it being our fault. As a rule, BidSlammer never blames eBay for problems because we know better, however, the reverse isn't true unfortunately -- eBay doesn't train their staff on sniping and the nuances and situations that can come up. Nor are snipe services allowed to use the eBay API for sniping, we use a back door (as do all snipe services) that they are not familiar with.

So that puts a lot of pressure on the snipe services to try to catch the errors. We can get most of them but not all:

Again, sorry you didn't get the item you wanted.

Posted May 29 2010 12:09 am by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map