BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

snipe bid not displaying

Posted: Sep 17 2009 08:20 AM

Hi, I'm a new member on a free trial. I just placed my first snipe. A few questions:

1. Is there an easy way to see what maximum bid I placed? This was initially displayed when I first did the snipe, but now it's not.

2. Also, I'm concerned that the "Your Snipe" field on my homepage for the item number I gave you above is listed at 0.00. What does that mean?

3. Finally, am I correct that I don't need to add any funds to snipe since I'm on the free trial? If I win, do I just pay using PayPal through eBay like usual?

Thanks for your attention. I just don't want to miss out on this auction due to my own inexperience with sniping using bidslammer.

Posted Sep 17 2009 08:20 am by Gu***st

Hello,

1. The amount of your bid shows up on the home page, but I noticed that you have added 4 snipes, all with a bid of 0.00.

2. Related to question #1. How are you setting the snipe amount? Any details you can give me will help figure out why the snipe amounts are zero.

3. The free trial is for 3 snipes, not 3 wins - just wanted to be clear on that so you are not surprised. You pay for an item just like you normally would. After you add funds, BidSlammer will deduct a small fee from your balance each time you win an item. There is no charge if you don't win.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Sep 17 2009 09:26 am by Gu***st

Hi, thanks for the reply. I originally entered the maximum bid at the top left of the page along with the item # before clicking "add snipe." There were four snipes for a while (no longer) because I had later added some items from my eBay watch list. Since this maximum bid isn't showing up, I'll just correct it in the relevant field. About the snipe vs. win issue, are you saying that I need to add funds in order to win using your service? What if I win a snipe on the free trial and have a zero balance with bidslammer? Will I still have won the auction?

Posted Sep 17 2009 10:00 am by Gu***st

Joshua,

You don't have to add funds in order to win, but after 3 snipes your trial will be over, win or lose. The system should notify you that you need to add funds in order to add a snipe once the free trial is over.

I will check on the maximum bid not showing up when you add a snipe. Maybe you found a bug...

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Sep 17 2009 08:12 pm by Gu***st

Joshua,

I just tested adding a snipe and the maximum bid seemed to work fine. You should just enter the the number and maximum bid and then click "Add Snipe". I included a screen shot for reference.

If that doesn't work for you, let me know what web browser you are using and the version number. You can find the version number by clicking on help / about at the top of the browser window. Thanks.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Sep 17 2009 08:21 pm by Gu***st

Thanks. I just added a new snipe and had the same problem with the bid amount appearing as 0.00 until I entered it again down below. I'm using Firefox 3.5.3.

Posted Sep 18 2009 03:16 pm by Gu***st

Hmmm....that is very unusual. I am using Firefox 3.5.4 and can't seem to reproduce the problem. This is the first I have heard of this issue so I don't think it is a system wide problem. I will have to test a couple of other browsers. Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Sep 18 2009 07:24 pm by Gu***st

This should be fixed now, can you let us know. Thanks!

J.

Posted Sep 23 2009 01:41 pm by Gu***st

Yup, it works now. Thanks!

Posted Sep 23 2009 01:42 pm by Gu***st

Ok thanks I will close this ticket.

Cheers,

Jay

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Sep 23 2009 08:47 pm by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map