BidSlammer Forum My BidSlammer Dashboard >>

BidSlammer Forums >> Help & Troubleshooting

Continued missed snipes

Posted: Sep 21 2009 02:28 PM

I seem to average about 1 out of 10 missed snipes, although when it's an important auction as this one was and my bid was $88.88 higher than the winning bid, it seems like a higher ratio! I was watching the end of this auction on both ebay and bidslammer. I had a bid on ebay ready to go because of all the times Bidslammer has muffed the bid. However at 2 minutes until auction end my bidslammer bid went into ready mode so I relaxed and watched the end of the bidding on ebay. With 5 seconds remaining a bid was placed and 5 seconds later that bid won. I assumed it was my bid because of the time it was placed. I assumed wrong. My bid was never placed. When I flipped back to Bidslammer sure enough that damn bid had not been made and the icon was still in ready mode. So Bidslammer can claim anything they want but I have watched the successful placing of my bids and the icon does indeed change from the ready mode when the bid is placed. You have a good service but when you screw up you really screw the pooch.

Craig

Posted Sep 21 2009 02:28 pm by Gu***st

Hello,

I checked our log files and your bid was placed. It was initiated at 12:08:38, but eBay did not return a response until 12:08:46. Normal response time is 2-3 seconds - it took 8 seconds to get a response back on this auction. By that time the auction had already ended.

Unfortunately, there is no way to control a slow response. Once the snipe is placed we have to rely on eBay to accept the bid in a timely fashion. In this case that didn't happen.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Sep 21 2009 10:39 pm by Gu***st

Why didn't the icon change when the bid had been placed?

Posted Sep 21 2009 11:52 pm by Gu***st

Craig,

I don't know the details behind the programming, but I suspect the icon is updated after parsing the response page from eBay. In this case the normal page never did come back because the snipe was not accepted.

eBay seems to cycle in regards to lag. We will get a few tickets over a few days, and then things return to normal for awhile. It may also be related to their "Scheduled Maintenance" periods. Response times slow down a lot during those periods.

Kind regards,

John D.

BidSlammer Customer Care

Posted Sep 22 2009 09:03 am by Gu***st

Craig

The icon should change about 20 seconds afterward. There is a pause to wait to fetch info and make sure it is right.

Posted Sep 23 2009 08:18 am by Gu***st

Reply to this discussion

Sorry, only BidSlammer customers are allowed to post in the forum.   Join now

Join Now! Start winning items today.

© BidSlammer 2001-2021. All Rights Reserved.

Home | Help | FAQ | Screenshots | Blog | Community | Contact Us
Collectors | BidSlammer API | Terms | Privacy | Site Map